Flash support for Mobile

johnparent

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
Is there any development in this direction in the near future?

I really don't plan on spending another $400+ on a device that does less than a used laptop i can buy on craigslist for $200. Is it worth waiting for a device that is 3g/4g enabled, allows access to full (or nearly full) WWW content, and that also allows alternate input devices (eg: controller for games)?

It just seems to me that the manufacturers of these products are running the consumer through the mill of yearly updates to make millions on single or miniscule changes/updates, 5mm bigger screens, and support for a new gimmick that only a niche of consumer uses.

TL/DR
When is the next tangible update for mobile devices as a replacement for notebooks?

I just got a Droid X2, runs flash fine, $50 with a 2 yr contact.

Can't say it's a replacement for a notebook though, but does have a dock you can use for video out and a mini HDMI port.

If you're waiting for a phone size device that runs as well as a laptop, need to wait about 4-5 yrs I'd say, maybe longer if there is no battery improvements in that time frame. You just can't run a fast processor and tons of features on a phone battery for long.