Flickering, transparent line on new Samsung TV? What is this?

LG18

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
Hi,

I've just bought a new Samsung 6 series TV at Christmas time, and all has been well until today I noticed these very faint, thin and transparent horizontal lines. One along the bottom of the display about an inch from the border, and the other at the top of the screen the same distance.

I was wondering if anyone knows what's going on?
It occurs on all inputs, and I haven't had any luck going through the settings to find an answer.

Thanks a lot!

TMTOWTSAC

Estimable
Jun 27, 2015
Not sure if this is the same problem, but I had a Samsung 24 inch monitor doing the same thing. It was a flickering band near the bottom of the screen, about 2 inches tall. It was much more noticeable when the screen was dimmed, like when it's asking for the Admin password. Eventually figured out it only happened when ambient temps topped 80 F, but it got worse over time. If that's what you're seeing, I'd definitely RMA it.

LG18

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
Thanks for the reply.
This one is no where near two inches in height; it only seems about three pixels tall.
It's less noticeable when there are darker colours on the screen, and as I say there's also another one at the top of the screen; both lines about two inches away from their respective boarders.
Perhaps what you saw was the same but thicker and only one.