Floureon Microphone NOT DETECTED by Lenovo Y40-70 Laptop

ComputerNoob69

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
I just bought a Floureon BM-800 microphone* but my laptop* does not recognize it as an external device. When I plug it into the ONLY aux port, the laptop recognizes my microphone as headphones. There are no headphones connected to the microphone. When I talk into the device, the laptop can only pick up the built in microphone not my external one. I have gone into the sound and realtek HD audio manager programs and even tried the "set up microphone application" yet nothing works. I have headphones that work just fine.

*Microphone https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q4RGQHY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Solution
It sounds like you have a laptop that has only an output and not input or dual jack. Meaning there is no way to use an external mic through that jack.

To make use of an external microphone you are going to have to... A. Get an adapter that can make your 3.5mm jack into a USB which can then be plugged into the laptop... or B. Get a microphone that is USB already.
It sounds like you have a laptop that has only an output and not input or dual jack. Meaning there is no way to use an external mic through that jack.

To make use of an external microphone you are going to have to... A. Get an adapter that can make your 3.5mm jack into a USB which can then be plugged into the laptop... or B. Get a microphone that is USB already.

Solution