for Laptop buying

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rohitkorpal

Estimable
Nov 6, 2014
i want to buy a laptop for moderate gaming and web and graphics development, i want i5 or i7 (if quad core). I have shotlisted these laptops Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series, Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 series, HP Envy 15-j133TX, HP Envy Touchsmart 15-j109TX, HP Envy 15-J048TX, HP Envy 15-J111TX, HP Envy Touchsmart 15-j120TX. Please advice me on this

Solution
None of these are really anything to phone home about. While they're ok the graphics side is a bit lacking, out of all of these I think the HP Envy 15-j133TX is probably the better of them.

But depending on your budget, I'd say consider these.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50/

Much better graphics compared to the ones listed above.

Warukyure

Estimable
There is a large performance difference between the two CPUs. Any CPU with the U is made for Longer battery life. The i7 U's are also only dual core too. So there is the benefit of having a quad core vs a dual core.

If you had to choose then get the i7 4700hq with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB GDDR5 That would be better overall if you're doing tasks that require more CPU like you mentioned. The i7 4510u with NVIDIA GeForce GTX850 2gb ddr3 while it does have a better video card you're gonna be doing things like your photoshop and etc slower.

TRENDING THREADS