For Regular Rendering Purpose : MAC or Windows ?

izonshock_king

Estimable
Oct 13, 2015
Hey Guys,

Looking to buy a COMPUTER, OSX Or Windows, anything which would be best for rendering on daily basis..

These Software are going to be use : Premiere pro, After effects.. maybe final cut pro (fcpx) and powerdirector..

Budget is 70K INR Approx 1K $ + Dollars.

The budget is not an issue for now, It can be increase if there is really need it.

But I need an exprienced response and reasons what to opt windows or mac osx. With what Config please share each and every config in comments with full model numbers.

I would really appreciate your timing in helping me out.

P.S it is my first post in this FORUM. The Computer will be used for professional for long term basis.

Thanks

Once upon a time, rendering / video editing was done mostly on Macs. These days, you will get more horsepower for your $1k with Windows PC (OEM or custom-made) than from Apple (and there are not that many Apple desktops these days to chose from).

So, with Windows PC in mind - rendering likes beefy CPU, lot of RAM and lot of storage. A custom-made PC would do the best for your config. Look for multi-core CPU, 16GB of RAM, at least 256GB SSD, and as many TBs of HDD as you have money left.

"with each and every config" - no one has the time to do that, moreover $1k in USA are not the same as $1k in Europe and not the same as $1k in India.

izonshock_king

Estimable
Oct 13, 2015
@Alabalcho

Thanks for taking your time in commenting to my thread,

So you mean WINDOWS will be more good than MAC right ? as mac dont have much options ? But still as I am in this Industry I have heard and seen only and only macs in most production houses. Still i will take your suggestions so by muti core i7 will be enough right ?

What I said is: The software you're going to use is available for both OSX (Mac) and Windows. And in general, for any given budget, you will get more powerful Windows desktop than Mac desktop.

These days, cheapest iMac desktop is at least $1500, and cheapest iMac Pro is well above $2000. Definitely above your budget.

As for what components to chose - try to balance. You don't want to put fastest "bestest" CPU and cripple it with 4GB of RAM and on-board video ;)