For The Bachelor Pad: Asus NX90

Status
Not open for further replies.

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
why is asus making such crap? it makes no sense. laptops have always been about portability over performance, and this thing doesnt look very portable. Not to mention the fact that someone could eaily build a rig with pretty much the exact same specs and hook it up to a 50+" 1080p HDTV for this much money... Is there really a market for stupid technology like this? I guess the economy isnt so bad afterall if ppl want to flush their money down the shitter on a portable computer that isnt very portable...

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
Classic example of aesthetics over function. Just examine the keyboard - no numpad, cursor keys squished together with small right shift key. This notebook is more for the show-off than for getting serious work done, especially for folks partial to a good keyboard.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
I would buy this just so I can wipe that stupid smug grin off a Mac users face when I pull this out in front of them...then proceed to further wipe that stupid smug grin off as I annihilate them in every benchmark they care to name.

No offence to regular Joe Mac users who actually need OSX for something, it's just the douchebag ones that really annoy.

shkristensen

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
As a Dane I have a few corrections to the article. The laptop is not designed by Bang and Olufsen, but by their designer. The company has nothing to do with the laptop other than they sold ASUS the Ice power speakers that form the wings of the beast.

Further more B&O use more aluminum than chrome I believe...

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]shkristensen[/nom]As a Dane I have a few corrections to the article. The laptop is not designed by Bang and Olufsen, but by their designer. The company has nothing to do with the laptop other than they sold ASUS the Ice power speakers that form the wings of the beast. Further more B&O use more aluminum than chrome I believe...[/citation]
Interesting--I'll go to the source (Asus) to find out more...

amdchuck

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
From what I can find, the laptop was designed by David Lewis who is employed by B & O as their chief designer. However, the design of this laptop is credited to a David Lewis Designers Studio, not B & O.

http://www.davidlewisdesigners.com/

As far as ICEPower, what you wrote in the article seems accurate to me.

On a side note, nice, a glass monitor. Those look outstanding but I wonder if a laptop is the best place for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS