Forbes List Shows Google Founders Losing Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

jossrik

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2002
Power should be in the hands of the people, even though that's not the case, even in countries where it's supposed to be.

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
What? Steve Jobs isn't #1? Blasphemy!

Google won't be disappearing from the big players for many years to come, even if they are "losing power" for now. Still making tons of money and won't be stopping anytime soon.

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
I've never understood this list. It's all arbitrary based on someone's opinion, no matter how much "methodology" they tote. The power these people hold is completely relative, so it's like comparing apples to tennis shoes. They even admit it themselves :

Comparing the relative power of such a diverse group is slippery business

Surely Forbes can find a more productive way to waste their time.

randomizer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]rotsae[/nom]Dalai Lamer? ok this list is stupid.[/citation]
The Dalai Lama is a very politically and religiously influential person. He's no Pope, but he has a significant following and in recent times his teachings have become popular in some western societies.

What is really surprising is that a dead man managed to sneak into #57.

Goobles

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Wouldn't this be stating that Google is losing power, which is disagreeable as the founders are in direct correlation with the company itself and if the company was still doing well then they would still be powerful? I never see Larry Page and Sergey Brin have made big changes, its normally Google in the headlines. Forbes lists confuses me, only effective when it comes has to do with monetary value =D How is this measured? Name circulation? Wheres Donald Trump! haha =D

gurboura

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
[citation][nom]False_Dmitry_II[/nom]They are aware that Gates doesn't, like, run stuff anymore right?[/citation]
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation? The foundation has spent 14 BILLION on global health alone. I'm also sure he still has a significant voice when it comes to products, and other things related to Microsoft.

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I have a very big problem with #57 (Osama Bin Laden). Giving this a55hole this kind of credit is a major slap in the face to America. May as well put Charles Manson on the list too.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
I'm kinda not surprised about the Google founders. They have actually started a few impressive technological initiatives, but they haven't caught on (Google Go for example). I think they are starting to become more like Microsoft and Apple in trying to start things, but not everything takes off.
[citation][nom]hoof_hearted[/nom]I have a very big problem with #57 (Osama Bin Laden). Giving this a55hole this kind of credit is a major slap in the face to America. May as well put Charles Manson on the list too.[/citation]
I hate saying it, but Bin Laden still scares a lot of the American public.

bamslang

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
[citation][nom]hoof_hearted[/nom]I have a very big problem with #57 (Osama Bin Laden). Giving this a55hole this kind of credit is a major slap in the face to America. May as well put Charles Manson on the list too.[/citation]

Oh, so since someone is controversial, they should leave him out? The CIA and most experts believe him to be dead, so it really doesn’t matter. However, just because you dislike someone (I’m American too, so don’t get off on using the word dislike) doesn’t mean they are more or less influential. That would be like saying Hitler wasn’t influential because he was responsible for the death of millions. All that would do is discredit your list.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
They're famous for founding Google, but I admit they aren't household names. Eric Schmidt is probably much more well known outside of the tech community.

Status
Not open for further replies.