FORBIDDEN 403 when trying to access http://blog.laptopmag.com/how-to-upgrade-windows-10

Janset

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
Hi all.

Sorry about the long title.

I believe this is the Sister site for the one that I am denied access to so I will ask here and hopefully get an answer.

When I try to raise the site [http://blog.laptopmag.com/how-to-upgrade-windows-10] in Firefox I get a 403 forbidden access on this site.

I then try to access the site with Internet Explorer, the site comes up but for the love of me, I cannot find a print function ANYWHERE on that page.

When I try to print using the "File" drop down menu I find that I can only print the first page as is displayed in the "preview print" and yes, I did move the button down to "all" to get all the pages to print.

I deleted the Firefox cache to no avail, still a 403. I have administrative rights on my computer.

I would really like to download this article by Avram Piltch so that I can use it as a guide when updating to Windows 10.

Advice appreciated.

Regards

Hey there! Sorry to hear you've been having trouble with the site. Let's see if we can find out what's wrong.

I just tried that link myself on Firefox and had no issues. Are you running any addons on Firefox, specifically anything that blocks trackers, cookies, or javascript? Is it only that page you can't access, or is it the whole of LaptopMag?

Janset

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011

Janset

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
Hi there.

In FF I have ticked "Tell sites I do not want to be tracked".
To my knowledge I do not have anything else in FF that may block me.

In the site, I can bring up the entire article but when it comes to printing, and also in print preview, I can only bring up/print the first page, and there it stops.

I have tried turning off my AV and my Malwarebytes program but still I get stumped on the first page.

Regards

Janset

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011

Janset

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
Hi there.

I have an amendment, sorry about that.

As I said, FF fails to access that site, but when I try with IE which brings it up, then go to "preview print" the print preview comes up and all the pages ARE displayed, BUT the bottom of the pages overlaps onto the top of the next page making it impossible to read the top 4 lines on the pages.

I did have had a small win though. My PC is so set up that I can make a quick C drive change as the drives are housed in caddie racks, This morning I swapped over to my backup C drive and found that FF worked just fine and I managed to print the article.

There is a question here though.

When I first found the site I managed to print a different instruction from that site (how to make a clean installation) the print worked OK in FF.

It was not until I tried for a second print , this time on how to upgrade to windows 10 that the problem presented.

I hope this info helps.

Regards