Force Your Nexus Android to Update Gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]Eh, is it really worth the hassle instead of waiting a few weeks?[/citation]

Hassle are you kidding me?
That's like 8 steps that will take about 10 minutes after you download the update.

If i could do this to my Galaxy S I would in a heartbeat, but I don't want to flash another phones ROM to mine, I'll wait for the Official release if there is one.

G

I recently rooted and installed a custom gingerbread based ROM on my Nexus One... I don't know if I can go back to the stock ROM.

Adidaz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
1. Download the update and rename the file update.zip
2. Connect your Nexus One to your PC/Mac and copy that file to your microSD card.
3. Power down your Nexus One. Then press ‘power’ and hold the trackball.
4. You’ll see a screen appear with three Android robots and you’ll see some code. Using the volume buttons, select ‘Bootloader’ and then press ‘Power’ to select.
5. On the next screen, select ‘Recovery’.
6. The Nexus One will reboot. You’ll see a triangle with and Android robot and an exclamation point.
7. Press the volume up button and the power button at the same time.( hold power button first, then volume up button )
8. Using the trackball, select “Apply sdcard: update.zip”.

After downloading the app, make sure it's named update.zip. You need to copy it to the top level of your microSD card.

G

Tried the update with my nexus s without success. I get a this error "E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7) Attempt Aborted"

Status
Not open for further replies.