Solved! Formatted SD card

Dec 23, 2018
I formatted my SD card on Moto G5 as internal. My phone was acting up so I needed to reset it to factory settings, now my SD card is unsupported by my device and when I try to formate it as external it won't work either. What to do? Do need to get a new SD card if I want it to be used as internal memory again? Why won't it work as external either?

Solution
Everything that is on that card is gone.

Once you made the card "Internal" storage it was encoded to work with only that device. When that was done, certain things were put on the phone to make the card able to recognize it. When you reset the phone, you wiped the connection. There is no way to get it back.

You can use the card again, but you would have to format the card, which will erase everything on it. However, that won't really make a difference in your ability to get any of it, because it is not accessible by any device now (the data), so formatting at least will give you access to the SD card to use for new data.

Should you choose to format it and make it "Internal" again, or get a new SD card and do so with that, just make...
Everything that is on that card is gone.

Once you made the card "Internal" storage it was encoded to work with only that device. When that was done, certain things were put on the phone to make the card able to recognize it. When you reset the phone, you wiped the connection. There is no way to get it back.

You can use the card again, but you would have to format the card, which will erase everything on it. However, that won't really make a difference in your ability to get any of it, because it is not accessible by any device now (the data), so formatting at least will give you access to the SD card to use for new data.

Should you choose to format it and make it "Internal" again, or get a new SD card and do so with that, just make sure you remember you can't reset the device (not any version of a reset) without losing the data on the card, again. So, should you make it "Internal" again, you would have to back up said data somewhere else (google account, computer, etc.) so that you can gain it back should this happen again, or move all the data off the card and return it to being "External" storage prior to any new resets.

NOTE: You can save files, but you can't save apps. Also, a card doesn't have to be "Internal" storage for anything but apps, so keep that in mind.

Solution
Dec 23, 2018
Thank you so much for that answer.

I tried formatting the card as internal and as external but nothing happens my phone still shows that the card is unsupported. Any idea how to solve this problem?

Dec 23, 2018
How do you do that? I tried to connect my phone to my computer but it shows that it has an internally shared memory, which is not true anymore, plus it shows I have only 10GB of memory which is only the phones memory, my card has 32GB alone.... therefore, I can't see my SD card on my computer when I connected it using my phone, why is that and how do I get around this problem?

And after I use a computer to wipe all data from my card, if I insert it to my phone I can try to use it again as internal memory?

Thank you for your help!

Dec 23, 2018
The regular folder view.

I tried putting the card in a different phone and the same thing happens, when I connect it to the computer it does not appear. Under the phone name,I can only see the internal storage, not the external one.

I even tried a program which can wipe the card but it can't detect it.

So how can I formate the card if my computer can't find it?

Thanks