Former Googler Not Happy with Android Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackleung

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
Based on the recent good looking device released by HTC (Diamond, Touch Pro, and the up coming Touch HD and Sony X1), I believed HTC can design an make very good looking phone.

Google is just providing an OS platform and probably did not involved w/ any hardware/driver/design on G1

Therefore, I think the T-mobile is the one in charge at least on the design and probably the one to blame for this ugly and incomplete phone (no video recording, no A2DP support, no exchange support for business user ...etc). Not to mention it's stupid 1G data cap in the first place for this mobile platform phone.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
This phone is ugly.. I had the Cingular 8125 and the ATT 8525, both made by HTC, and they look much better than the G1. Unfortunately I think the newer Tilt by HTC that ATT offers is not as good as the other phones. It looks nice, but it seems cheaper... Anyway, I opted for the iPhone and Im pretty glad I did.. And if they didnt lift that 1gb cap, it would have killed this phone..

G

The T-MOBILE Android G1 has a QWERTY keyboard. The IPhone doesn't.

An IPhone is like a lady wearing a high heeled PRADA shoes while climbing Mt. Rainier. Why suffer ?

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
The iphone is like a swift kick in the balls. Im not really sure why people think it looks good though it looks better then alot of phone i dont really see it. The new samsung on the print network (dont know the name off hand) and RIM's new storm phone look pretty hot though.

Really funny thing is i just got off the phone with a friend that said this phone looked badass and i was like are you blind?

Status
Not open for further replies.