Fox, Sony, Warner Bros Possibly Hacked, Emails Exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rex86

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
[citation][nom]christop[/nom]whats the point in this? Just cause it can be done?[/citation]

someone had too much time on his hands and just because it can be done. I'm glad they hacked all those companies.

gilgamex101

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
[citation][nom]christop[/nom]whats the point in this? Just cause it can be done?[/citation]

Almost every report about "hacking" is the exact same thing. A bunch vulnerabilities exploited on websites, yawwwnnnn can we get some packages to a church rerouted and replaced with KY jelly or something?? Idk, spice it up!

shoooooggggggoth

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
[citation][nom]gilgamex101[/nom]Almost every report about "hacking" is the exact same thing. A bunch vulnerabilities exploited on websites, yawwwnnnn can we get some packages to a church rerouted and replaced with KY jelly or something?? Idk, spice it up![/citation]

Obviously you are such an amazing hacker that you could break into a server that has no vulnerabilities. If these servers are running un-patched software with known vulnerabilities then it is their own fault they got hacked, and if their software is fully up-to-date then it means the hacker was using a zero-day attack which means he's good (or at least knows the right people).

Your idea to "spice it up" sounds even more lame and boring than the stunt the article is talking about.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
In a way I'm happy it happens over and over now because it proves how poorly the companies are ready to handle data in the cloud they want us all to sign up for. I don't want all my data located on a server with this kind of security thats available 24/7 to any hacker with some skills... exploiting known vulnerability or not - until the companies start to prove they can handle it i don't see the cloud they want as a truly viable solution.

Why collect all eggs in a basket...

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Call me when you find something interesting, like evidence of conspiracy or market tampering. What this accomplishes is they beef up their security so people can't find the real dirt and all we end up with is back and forth links to dilbert strips..

keyanf

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010

I'm going to suspect it has something to do with the copyright enforcement pact with the ISPs given who got hacked.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
how would you go and spice up a hacker story like this...

what if emails, home addresses and creditcards were gotten.
the person wrote a script, and had all that infromation directed to a sex toy site
it bought some of the weirder things, and sent them to the people...

it wouldnt be good, but tell me we all wouldn't be loling hard about it, because these stories all happen and no one pays attention at all to it, and a creditcard statement most would notice it on come about once a month so yea, most people would recieve a very weird package in the mail.

tokencode

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
[citation][nom]shoooooggggggoth[/nom]Obviously you are such an amazing hacker that you could break into a server that has no vulnerabilities. If these servers are running un-patched software with known vulnerabilities then it is their own fault they got hacked, and if their software is fully up-to-date then it means the hacker was using a zero-day attack which means he's good (or at least knows the right people).Your idea to "spice it up" sounds even more lame and boring than the stunt the article is talking about.[/citation]

If you leave the door to your house unlocked, it's your fault someone comes into your house and steals your stuff? That is a ridiculous argument. While I agree admins should keep things up to date and it is their responsibility to do some, this does not justify someone exploiting these vulnerabilities for their own gain. Your argument makes no legal or moral sense . It is people like you with this juvenile view of the world that encourage these idiots. Using known exploits to attack vulnerable websites makes you a hacker the same way building a model airplane makes you an aerospace engineer.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS