Foxconn Admits to Gearing Up for Apple's iTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Middleman

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Yeah but according to Foxconn, their employees are all happy, well paid, and taken care of. So really, how much is Foxconn's word worth at this point?

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
[citation][nom]nieur[/nom]I hope after launch of iTV people won't say HDTV was invented by apple[/citation]
Man i sure hope so, but i betcha they say that Apple invented a TV interactive interface first lol.

fugfar

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
screw NAFTA, id pay 10 bucks more if it was made stateside. also, i own and maintain a multimedia pc, so no need for an apple.
/rant
/tariffs for electronics.
/my sapphire 6970 was assembled and tested in... china. (crap! hong kong even)

G

It's so nice to see an American company on our electronics back in our homes! Now is the time for Apple to make a game console. It can afford a $5 billion investment to bankrupt both Sony and Nintendo at the same time!

And I am glad to see that Sharp is the partner here and not samSUCK; both of the samSUCK sets we have are terrible in comparison to our Sony. Once Apple stops footing samSuck's bills, maybe samSUCK will be forced to make decent stuff rather than copying everything Apple does down to the packaging...but I doubt it.

G

"Apple's iTV is slated to feature ... Apple's popular Siri"

Now Apple is teaching us to learn talking to TVs lol.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]fugfar[/nom]screw NAFTA, id pay 10 bucks more if it was made stateside. also, i own and maintain a multimedia pc, so no need for an apple./rant/tariffs for electronics./my sapphire 6970 was assembled and tested in... china. (crap! hong kong even)[/citation]
NAFTA = North American Free Trade Agreement. China is not in North America. So what exactly is your point?

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]AMERICANJOBS[/nom]It's so nice to see an American company on our electronics back in our homes! Now is the time for Apple to make a game console. It can afford a $5 billion investment to bankrupt both Sony and Nintendo at the same time!And I am glad to see that Sharp is the partner here and not samSUCK; both of the samSUCK sets we have are terrible in comparison to our Sony. Once Apple stops footing samSuck's bills, maybe samSUCK will be forced to make decent stuff rather than copying everything Apple does down to the packaging...but I doubt it.[/citation]
Sharp is a Japanese company, but your intelligent American mind probably thought that it was American because "sharp" in an English word.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]AMERICANJOBS[/nom]It's so nice to see an American company on our electronics back in our homes! Now is the time for Apple to make a game console. It can afford a $5 billion investment to bankrupt both Sony and Nintendo at the same time!And I am glad to see that Sharp is the partner here and not samSUCK; both of the samSUCK sets we have are terrible in comparison to our Sony. Once Apple stops footing samSuck's bills, maybe samSUCK will be forced to make decent stuff rather than copying everything Apple does down to the packaging...but I doubt it.[/citation]
You do know that nothing that Apple makes is actually made in the USA right? It might say Apple but every single thing they make comes from China.

gamebrigada

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010

Samsung is actually a great company. The statement you made about it just copying apple devices is just plain stupid and completely untrue. Samsung has the Galaxy Note, which is an amazing device and is one of the most popular android phones right now, they also have the S2 which again looks nothing like an iPhone. Apple attacked Samsung because they know that they are an actual competitor and that they are losing sales to them because in the end Samsung does win in a lot of places. Just a reminder on how apple photo shopped the galaxy S to make it look more like an iphone. That was pretty funny. Besides, your apple fanboys ass doesn't even know that without Samsung, the iPhone would probably look a LOT differently right now... since you know, Samsung has always piched something in. For example the new iPad's screen is done by Samsung. The "APPLE" a4/a5/a5x chips are ALL made by Samsung and only designed by Apple.

Sony is Japanese. Sharp is Japanese. Samsung is Korean. Foxconn is Chinese. Apple doesn't manufacture anything.

Sony is worth twice as much as Apple. (220 billion vs 116 billion) Samsung is worth 3 times as much as Apple. (343 billion vs 116 billion) Sharp is dying out but is worth the most at 2.614 trillion.

Sir, you have no argument, and you bash on companies that are much bigger then apple, they FEED apple with the necessary parts that Apple needs for its products, and their products often beat that of Apple. If Samsung was worried about Apple pushing it out of the market, they would have long ago stopped manufacturing half of their products for them.

mj4358

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
@ gamebrigada,
Where did you get this data from?

"Sony is worth twice as much as Apple. (220 billion vs 116 billion) Samsung is worth 3 times as much as Apple. (343 billion vs 116 billion) Sharp is dying out but is worth the most at 2.614 trillion."

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
I have a feeling that the Apple TV will be just a jumbo jet size of an iPad .. remember .. first it was the iphone ... then the ipad(a bigger iphone) now the apple tv (a bigger version of ipad?)

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Most of what apple sells is based of things made with very cheap labor in other countries for american idiots like you to buy them overpriced.

MrMakapuu

Distinguished
May 13, 2012
Interesting picture, looks like they are in prison bars of FOXCONN. Looks like they are not sure if they want to escape or not. Probably a staged photo though... besides that FOXCONN looks really dilapidated...

Status
Not open for further replies.