FPS drop suddenly and then back to normal after few sec, over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhatlinh

Estimable
Mar 21, 2015
Hello everyone.

I have a problem that when i'm playing games (dota2, csgo etc.), my laptop usually has sudden fps drops (from 100 to 15-20, and then back to 100 after few sec), although i have already used the lowest graphic settings. I have also tried to clean the laptop and the fan but that problem still happen. Any ideas for this?
Information:
-Intel (R) Core (TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz (4CPUs), ~2.3GHz
-RAM 6GB
-NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M
(p/s: before i had played some games with almost maximum graphic settings without any problem. I also found that the temperature of my GPU usually reach maximum ~70 degree, and CPU usage peak at 100% while playing )

digitaldoc

Distinguished
Herald
Very high CPU temps. The CPU is likely downthrottling to try and protect itself from burning out.

Unfortunately, the only real solution to this is to get some new hardware as can't upgrade the CPU or GPU in a laptop.

nhatlinh

Estimable
Mar 21, 2015

Thanks for your answer. Do you have any other suggestions? Or buying a new laptop is the only way?
In addition, the maximum CPU temperature while playing are about 85, 80 and 85 degree for CPU core 1, core 2 and CPU package respectively.

digitaldoc

Distinguished
Herald
Very high CPU temps. The CPU is likely downthrottling to try and protect itself from burning out.

Unfortunately, the only real solution to this is to get some new hardware as can't upgrade the CPU or GPU in a laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pentovillianking Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 8
kath123k Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 15
NightKnight007 Laptop Tech Support 5
Ken991 Laptop Tech Support 3
rayxmf Laptop Tech Support 3
Y Laptop Tech Support 3