Feb 5, 2018
Guys i own a dell 7560 and my specs:
intel i5-7200U
Nvidia geforce 940 mx
8 gb RAM (DDR4)
1 TB HDD (NO SSD)
4gb VRAM
graphic driver version (nvidia ):23.21.13.9065
My friend has same specs but owns a lenovo ideapad 510 .He can manage smooth gameplay for longer hours with no issues but i face a lot of fps drops within few minutes i start the game.I even tried seeing usage in task manager and i disabled prefetch,superfetch,runtime broker as they were utilising lot of resources.After disabling them my game play did not improve but was having plenty of resources in task manager.Even tried playing it in lowest settings possible in the game but nothing worked.My cpu and gpu temperature were around 92 and 70.Please suggest me what to do ?
# Even tried reinstalling windows // :( nothing worked....
(SORRY FOR THE LONG PARAGRAPH)

Solution
You're running a dual-core CPU and that's going to act as bottleneck despite the 4GBs of VRAM available in the 940MX card. This card, btw, is primarily designed as a productivity GPU, and going by your specs I'd say the Dell is not meant to do any sophisticated gaming to begin with.

While you can certainly gain some improvement by tweaking Windows 10 (check YouTube for videos on this), the fundamental problem remains this: You're trying to play a challenging game on a (very capable) business laptop.

I don't know why your friend's Lenovo seems to work more smoothly with this game.

And just to cover the basics: Make sure you are in fact using the nVidia card (either exclusively or in switchable mode). Windows Control Panel->Hardware &...
You're running a dual-core CPU and that's going to act as bottleneck despite the 4GBs of VRAM available in the 940MX card. This card, btw, is primarily designed as a productivity GPU, and going by your specs I'd say the Dell is not meant to do any sophisticated gaming to begin with.

While you can certainly gain some improvement by tweaking Windows 10 (check YouTube for videos on this), the fundamental problem remains this: You're trying to play a challenging game on a (very capable) business laptop.

I don't know why your friend's Lenovo seems to work more smoothly with this game.

And just to cover the basics: Make sure you are in fact using the nVidia card (either exclusively or in switchable mode). Windows Control Panel->Hardware & sound->nVidia Control Panel->Manage 3D settings.

Solution

rohitr6

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018

UserBenchmarks: Game 16%, Desk 43%, Work 25%
CPU: Intel Core i5-7200U - 54.5%
GPU: Intel HD 620 (Mobile Kaby Lake) - 7.8%
HDD: Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172 1TB - 63.1%
RAM: Hynix HMA81GS6MFR8N-UH 1x8GB - 39.6%
MBD: Dell Inspiron 7560
It could not identify NVidia ???

rohitr6

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018

UserBenchmarks: Game 18%, Desk 43%, Work 25%
CPU: Intel Core i5-7200U - 52%
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 940MX - 12.2%
HDD: Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172 1TB - 63.6%
RAM: Hynix HMA81GS6MFR8N-UH 1x8GB - 36.1%
MBD: Dell Inspiron 7560

sorry now I activated the NVidia and got this.
But I'm worried it says I need to enable intel XMP profile in BIOS. should I do this?and also it says 3.9 gb available out of 8 gb ram ....Is this a good sign? #I 'm a newbie.. :(

The benchmarking returned a 12.2 per cent score and the verdict ' Very Poor' for your GPU.

As I said earlier Rainbow6: Siege isn't going to play to any enjoyable degree with this graphics card and this CPU - no matter what you do.