fosterd78

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014
hi i just bought a new laptop hp eny m7 ,Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz with 3.0 turbo boost and a 940m graphics card. the laptop i know isnt a gaming laptop but should generally get the job done for the games i play. now i usually play league of legends on ultra running from 80-110 fps. but randomly like once or twice a game i get huge fps drops, and not only this game but also games like dirty bomb and the new battlefront 3 beta. ill run them fine for a while them bam fps drop to like 1-15. i have updated all drivers. i have set all options in geforce control panel and experience to high performance. i just dont understand. i spent 1100 bucks on this laptop and it is doing this. so please any suggestions?? also i heard if you turn off hp hdd protection it fixes it? is that a bad idea?

fosterd78

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014

yeah i set all graphics to low in battlefront. it runs around 45 fps for like 5 or 6 games then drops to 10.

Is the fps drop random? Or is it only at a certain part of the game? Because certain parts of the map can be very detail oriented, which causes the GPU to render a lot more stuff. Good example is the ground and the sky, if you look up at the sky, your FPS will skyrocket, but if you go back to the ground it will plumet back to normal.

fosterd78

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014

well i did notice the skyrocket of fps if i look up but i mean the fps drops are pretty random. they dont happen in battlefrongt as often as league or dirty bomb though

fosterd78

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014

also in battlefront i lowered my reolution to get better fps and now it wont go fullscreen?? any suggestions for that as well. ty for all the replys so far