FPS Permanent Drop after playing for about 10 mins.

Bertybertbert

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
Starting off, I have a Lenovo T420, i know it's not very good for gaming so no need to say so. You can search for the specs online,

except some have nvidia optimus, which i dont and i only have the integrated hd graphics (yes i do know it's pretty bad.)

i played on a Dell Latitude E6420 with the same gpu and an almost the same cpu.

the game provided is Counter-Strike: GO. the problem is that when i played in the Dell, i didnt get the fps drop i am talking about. i had flat 50 fps there and in this machine i have 60 then after playing a while i get 30 or lower.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Problem also occurs on other games

Hi,

Please do try doing a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia Graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Once the driver was completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do also make sure to set Nvidia as the default GPU.
- Here's how: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/~/how-do-i-customize-optimus-profiles-and-settings%3F

Bertybertbert

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
is there a way to see if i actually have the nvidia optimus display? because it's not on my device manager list, could this be because i dont have the driver installed?

edit: done, i've tried to install nvidia optimus graphics driver, nothing appeared obv., so that option is unavailable.