Frame rate drop with dual screen

talkeen

Estimable
Nov 23, 2014
Hello,

I have an MSI GS60 laptop running a 970m GPU. Running windows 10. I’m recently away with work and am trying to run a dual screen setup, laptop display and an HDMI connected monitor.

I mainly play League of Legends. Without a second monitor I can run it at ~150 fps on highest graphics settings. When trying to play it on the dual setup, this drops to a choppy 60ish on the lowest settings. My laptop display during this only tends to have Facebook messenger and Mumble open.

Got the latest nvidia drivers installed. I’m 98% sure that my monitor is running with the GPU. League is definitely set to run with my GPU when launched.

My question is; is there anything I can do to increase my frame rate or is this just a limitation of my laptop?

Lutfij

Splendid
I would say that the laptop is your limitation with the laptop grade discrete GPU. You forgot to mention what the second monitor is, or are you trying to say that you're working with laptop's onboard display and a secondary screen...?

You could try and make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop and then try uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers.