Free/Cheap Music Making Software?

sciamwow

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015
I'm sure this question has been asked time and time again, but... I have a creative mind, and I feel like messing around with music making software would be a fun way for me to let some creative juices flow. Does anyone know of any free or fairly cheap music making software that I could play around with? Maybe it has a sound library built in or easily accessible? After listening to the Glitch Hop and Future Bass playlists on Monstercat's channel, I just really wanna give it a shot. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

sciamwow

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015

For FL Studio, does Fruity Edition have everything that you would need to make music? Or is it missing crucial components? I would rather spend $90 than $180, but I don't want to spend $90 and be disappointed with what I can do

sciamwow

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015

I've done some work with Audacity as well as the FL Studio demo whatever you call it, and I would not have the patience to do it with Audacity. FL Studio is so much more streamlined and easy, but it would take a long time to master

sciamwow

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015

I'm looking at FL Studio fruity edition or whatever

G

MAGIX MUSIC MAKER

ChaoSpectrum

Estimable
May 16, 2015

I can get you a discount if you would like.

sciamwow

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015
Thanks for all of your replies, guys. I actually ended up getting FL Studio 12 Fruity Edition for $85 on eBay. If anyone knows where to find good tutorials for FL studio, I'd appreciate it

ChaoSpectrum

Estimable
May 16, 2015

http://www.fruity-loops-tutorials.com/