Free MP3 Plug In for Nero

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
Putting a computer together for my grandson and got a retail Lite-On that came with Nero. Wondering if there is a free MP3 plug in, like the one you can get with Quintessential, for Nero? If not, I have alternatives for ripping mp3 files but he's 10 years old and want to keep it as simple as possible starting out. Thanks

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
nero should just rip it, it needs no plugin I'm almost sure.

I'll double check but I don't think Nero will rip to mp3 without a plug in, it will rip to wav and other file types. There are free programs that will convert wav to mp3 or he could use a free program like Quintessential but like I said, want to try to keep it simple for him.

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
no clue I don't do much ripping and etc these days.

Thanks anyway, I'll figure it out after I figure how why I don't have audio on the thing. Updated drivers, everything looks good in Device Manager. Am going to offer some beer to the computer gods in the hopes they will help and go back to it tommorrow

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
you are being kind, but we are proud of it ;) no ads on the site or the apps, no popups no spyware or nothing, in our forums also, no ads or anything ;)

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
actually not at all, I spend hundreds in it a month, with no return or anything at all, but I opened up the site with my partners for clean experience, the problem is that now in days everybody opens a website so they can get traffic so that they can make money off the ads, they don't really have any interest in the community or the users, the only interest is $$$$$

just take a look around here, ads, ads and more ads for what? at least keep the ads to the main site or just a banner top of the forum, we don't need to be surrounded

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
Know what you mean but I think I'm becoming immune to ads on web pages and the AdBlock extension for Firefox works well. I really don't notice them most of the time. What I do find irritating is when you search for free programs to do something and the site whether it's Google or one that comes up in the search always list the programs with a "Free" Trial version first, which makes your site such a good find. I look at ads as a necessary evil that allows free content. What is really troubling is when review sites and magazines gear what they say to satisfy advertisers. I read recently that a well respected tech editor quit over this, I believe it was PC Magazine

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
I agree, as I said I would not mind an ad on top of the forum here or at the main site I mean somebody at the end of the day has to pay for it, its nto really free which is why I don't even use ad blocks but this is crazy here, in the post, on the side, on the top too many and not needed, plus it does not take that much to run this place, I could easily host this place on my dedicated server that I have my own forum on, the prices for webhosting and bandwidth are very low now, a dedicated server with over 1500GB of bandwidth and probably 1000GB of space would be no more then $80 a month for these guys and believe me when I tell you they are making 10 or 20 times that here ;)

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
I agree, as I said I would not mind an ad on top of the forum here or at the main site I mean somebody at the end of the day has to pay for it, its nto really free which is why I don't even use ad blocks but this is crazy here, in the post, on the side, on the top too many and not needed, plus it does not take that much to run this place, I could easily host this place on my dedicated server that I have my own forum on, the prices for webhosting and bandwidth are very low now, a dedicated server with over 1500GB of bandwidth and probably 1000GB of space would be no more then $80 a month for these guys and believe me when I tell you they are making 10 or 20 times that here ;)

Strange, I never see ads on the forums or for the main page, just checked the latter. In fact, I've wondered how they pay the people that do the reviews and write the content. I figured the monitors either worked for free or for beer, if the latter, I might volunteer :)

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
lol are you kidding check it out, its adoroma in here

55487536fy0.png

47784978sz1.png

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
lol are you kidding check it out, its adoroma in here

55487536fy0.png

47784978sz1.png

I don't have any ads either on the top or the side. If you tell me how to create a screen shot and post it, I'll be glad to show you but there rally are no ads. Maybe AdBlock is doing its thing. Don't remember paying tom for an ad free subscription :D

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
lol you said you did not see ads so I figured you ad blocker is blocking them so that is why I posted screen shots for you ;)