Free Online JavaScript Tutorial a Hit, Gets 2.5M Injection

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]mouse24[/nom]wow, im using this right now, its amazing.I really love this, learning so much so fast[/citation]

"So much knowledge, so fast; it's glorious" oh dear god I've played way too much halo.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
the title made me think this was a bait thing to get people to go there and get some kind of virus.

good going for them, heres hopeing they expand to c+

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
Grats to these guys, definitely going to check it out.
[citation][nom]of the way[/nom]Am I the only one who was thinking SQL injection?[/citation]
Certainly not.

sviola

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
So, why is all the fuss about this? There have been plenty of sites doing this. One example is w3schools that teaches javascript, html, css, asp.net, php, sql, among many other languages.

illfindu

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
As a BA in Computer Science I can tell you that for many people learning to code can be earthier a terrible task or some thing that changes how you view almost every thing in your life if you enjoy it enough , coding can really help with critical thinking and problem solving. And as some one who spent hundreds and hundreds of hours on w3schools between html ,sql , asp and xml I find this site a bit easier to use and learn from.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]sviola[/nom]So, why is all the fuss about this? There have been plenty of sites doing this. One example is w3schools that teaches javascript, html, css, asp.net, php, sql, among many other languages.[/citation]I never heard of W3Schools before so I checked it out. It looks nice but I also discovered a site critical of W3Schools. They have many alternative references there.

slicedtoad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
^ it is much faster to learn with something like Codecademy (though it's not very large atm) than with a textbook.
Textbooks have their benefits but they're boring and slow paced. Why not learn the same stuff, just as thoroughly, quicker and easier?

Novulux

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
I checked it out when it came out, pretty cool but it didn't have much yet.
There are some similar projects for a few other languages like Ruby.

G

I honestly came here thinking this was about some website teaching people SQL injection and somebody got 2.5m hits from it...
nice to hear something good for once.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Wow, this is actually quite useful. I'm learning Java right now and thought that JavaScript would be close to it, but apparently there're some differences, and this site might help to find out about them.

G

Really nice, helpfull Tutorial, it was so easy to learn from it.
http://www.echofreelance.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.