Free remote access/support software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
Trying to give detailed instructions over the phone to family/clients/etc isn't very fun or effective, so I'm looking for some sort of free remote access/support software. I've looked around a little and it seems most of these apps are trial versions with a pricey full version. At my day job we use "simplehelp" which is nice, but I can't have outside people connecting to our company servers for obvious reasons.

I know skype has a "screen share" view or whatever, but you can't control the other person's cursor can you?

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I've used something called join.me. I think the basic version stays free.
That's at least the third or fourth time I've seen "Teamviewer" mentioned, so I'll need to look into that one too.

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009

IIRC I tried join.me, the basic version worked fine the first time but then every subsequent attempt I was prompted to pay/upgrade/whatever. The basic version had a lot of disabled features too

I'll check it out, thanks :pt1cable:

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Hmmm, I've got a friend who has an online storefront. She is the one who got me to install join.me so I could help her. I've never been prompted. I've also used it to help my parents. They may have gotten some upgrade prompts. I suspect the totally free version may have been somewhat concealed; they may have downloaded a trial instead of the perma-free one like I did.

reedo_43

Distinguished
Teamviewer works great but only for about 20 times. You then you get a message stating commercial use expected and eventually stops working. The commercial license is very expensive. http://www.remoteutilities.com/
There are 2 parts. a server "client" and viewer "remote". Seems to work well.

Brent N

Estimable
Apr 12, 2015
I use show my pc. It is free and works great. You have full control of their computer and they can always disconnect if they don't like what you are doing. simple to use

Status
Not open for further replies.