free software if you're interested...

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hello, because I appreciate being in this group, I want to offer what I have
to those who may want it. I've got some freeware that has been really handy
if anyone would like it. I can email it to you. Here's what I have:

-Pocket Task Manager (used for ending tasks or processes)
-Pocket Rar (for compressing files/folders and setting passwords on them)
-Pocket Streets 2005
-Pocket Nester (old NES games on your PPC!)
-Avantgo (news feeds)
-MP3 Voice Recorder (record MP3's, rather than bulky wav files that take up
too much space)
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

And I suppose you have checked with microsoft and the like, that it is OK
for you to distribute this stuff?

"Darin" <darinr@endpcnoise.com> wrote in message
news:OgFK620RFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hello, because I appreciate being in this group, I want to offer what I
> have to those who may want it. I've got some freeware that has been
> really handy if anyone would like it. I can email it to you. Here's what
> I have:
>
> -Pocket Task Manager (used for ending tasks or processes)
> -Pocket Rar (for compressing files/folders and setting passwords on them)
> -Pocket Streets 2005
> -Pocket Nester (old NES games on your PPC!)
> -Avantgo (news feeds)
> -MP3 Voice Recorder (record MP3's, rather than bulky wav files that take
> up too much space)
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Darin wrote:

> Hello, because I appreciate being in this group, I want to offer what I have
> to those who may want it. I've got some freeware that has been really handy
> if anyone would like it. I can email it to you. Here's what I have:
>
> -Pocket Task Manager (used for ending tasks or processes)
> -Pocket Rar (for compressing files/folders and setting passwords on them)
> -Pocket Streets 2005
> -Pocket Nester (old NES games on your PPC!)
> -Avantgo (news feeds)
> -MP3 Voice Recorder (record MP3's, rather than bulky wav files that take up
> too much space)
>
>
Thanks. I would like the Pocket (Task Mgr. Rar and Streets).
I appreciate the offer very much.
hsani@linuxmail.org
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

The good thing is, I'm only offering what is free to download from the
internet. You can download these all off their websites, but in case
someone hasn't heard of them or would like them, that's what I'm offering.
I don't download anything illegally. Glad you asked.


"Fat Controller" <fc@soday.net> wrote in message
news:d4g2o7$nar$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
> And I suppose you have checked with microsoft and the like, that it is OK
> for you to distribute this stuff?
>
> "Darin" <darinr@endpcnoise.com> wrote in message
> news:OgFK620RFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> Hello, because I appreciate being in this group, I want to offer what I
>> have to those who may want it. I've got some freeware that has been
>> really handy if anyone would like it. I can email it to you. Here's
>> what I have:
>>
>> -Pocket Task Manager (used for ending tasks or processes)
>> -Pocket Rar (for compressing files/folders and setting passwords on them)
>> -Pocket Streets 2005
>> -Pocket Nester (old NES games on your PPC!)
>> -Avantgo (news feeds)
>> -MP3 Voice Recorder (record MP3's, rather than bulky wav files that take
>> up too much space)
>>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

actually I don't believe that Pocket Streets is free at all:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/pocketstreets/price.mspx



"Darin" <smash880@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:enmxdoUSFHA.3076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> The good thing is, I'm only offering what is free to download from the
> internet. You can download these all off their websites, but in case
> someone hasn't heard of them or would like them, that's what I'm offering.
> I don't download anything illegally. Glad you asked.
>
>
> "Fat Controller" <fc@soday.net> wrote in message
> news:d4g2o7$nar$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
>> And I suppose you have checked with microsoft and the like, that it is OK
>> for you to distribute this stuff?
>>
>> "Darin" <darinr@endpcnoise.com> wrote in message
>> news:OgFK620RFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>> Hello, because I appreciate being in this group, I want to offer what I
>>> have to those who may want it. I've got some freeware that has been
>>> really handy if anyone would like it. I can email it to you. Here's
>>> what I have:
>>>
>>> -Pocket Task Manager (used for ending tasks or processes)
>>> -Pocket Rar (for compressing files/folders and setting passwords on
>>> them)
>>> -Pocket Streets 2005
>>> -Pocket Nester (old NES games on your PPC!)
>>> -Avantgo (news feeds)
>>> -MP3 Voice Recorder (record MP3's, rather than bulky wav files that take
>>> up too much space)
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Which is why everyone who has asked me for it, I have told sorry to, because
I didn't realize it wasn't free like it used to be. Why am I feeling a
little more criticized about trying to offer a nice gesture than
appreciated?!


"Piers James" <fred@fred.com> wrote in message
news:uK4arDcSFHA.244@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> actually I don't believe that Pocket Streets is free at all:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/pocketstreets/price.mspx
>
>
>
> "Darin" <smash880@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:enmxdoUSFHA.3076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> The good thing is, I'm only offering what is free to download from the
>> internet. You can download these all off their websites, but in case
>> someone hasn't heard of them or would like them, that's what I'm
>> offering. I don't download anything illegally. Glad you asked.
>>
>>
>> "Fat Controller" <fc@soday.net> wrote in message
>> news:d4g2o7$nar$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
>>> And I suppose you have checked with microsoft and the like, that it is
>>> OK for you to distribute this stuff?
>>>
>>> "Darin" <darinr@endpcnoise.com> wrote in message
>>> news:OgFK620RFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>>> Hello, because I appreciate being in this group, I want to offer what I
>>>> have to those who may want it. I've got some freeware that has been
>>>> really handy if anyone would like it. I can email it to you. Here's
>>>> what I have:
>>>>
>>>> -Pocket Task Manager (used for ending tasks or processes)
>>>> -Pocket Rar (for compressing files/folders and setting passwords on
>>>> them)
>>>> -Pocket Streets 2005
>>>> -Pocket Nester (old NES games on your PPC!)
>>>> -Avantgo (news feeds)
>>>> -MP3 Voice Recorder (record MP3's, rather than bulky wav files that
>>>> take up too much space)
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
 

Jim

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2004
730
0
18,930
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

While your intent might have been honorable, I must say you set yourself
up for criticism. I agree this is an excellent forum and I too would
like to return to it something, the offer of e-mailing software
(freeware or no) can be considered questionable. If you follow this
newsgroup, those that ask for unlock keys or free (licensed) software
are met with harsh criticism for a good reason.

Hindsight being 20/20, perhaps it would have been better to offer links
to your favorite freeware with a quick blurb about why it is so good.
After all since one needs an Internet connection to participate here (or
by e-mail), one could use the same internet connection to download the
software onesself.

Try not to take the criticism too harshly and use it as a learning
experience and continue to offer to others your knowledge.

Jim

Darin wrote:
> Which is why everyone who has asked me for it, I have told sorry to, because
> I didn't realize it wasn't free like it used to be. Why am I feeling a
> little more criticized about trying to offer a nice gesture than
> appreciated?!
>
>
> "Piers James" <fred@fred.com> wrote in message
> news:uK4arDcSFHA.244@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>
>>actually I don't believe that Pocket Streets is free at all:
>>
>>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/pocketstreets/price.mspx
>>
>>
>>
>>"Darin" <smash880@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>news:enmxdoUSFHA.3076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>
>>>The good thing is, I'm only offering what is free to download from the
>>>internet. You can download these all off their websites, but in case
>>>someone hasn't heard of them or would like them, that's what I'm
>>>offering. I don't download anything illegally. Glad you asked.
>>>
>>>
>>>"Fat Controller" <fc@soday.net> wrote in message
>>>news:d4g2o7$nar$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
>>>
>>>>And I suppose you have checked with microsoft and the like, that it is
>>>>OK for you to distribute this stuff?
>>>>
>>>>"Darin" <darinr@endpcnoise.com> wrote in message
>>>>news:OgFK620RFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>>>
>>>>>Hello, because I appreciate being in this group, I want to offer what I
>>>>>have to those who may want it. I've got some freeware that has been
>>>>>really handy if anyone would like it. I can email it to you. Here's
>>>>>what I have:
>>>>>
>>>>>-Pocket Task Manager (used for ending tasks or processes)
>>>>>-Pocket Rar (for compressing files/folders and setting passwords on
>>>>>them)
>>>>>-Pocket Streets 2005
>>>>>-Pocket Nester (old NES games on your PPC!)
>>>>>-Avantgo (news feeds)
>>>>>-MP3 Voice Recorder (record MP3's, rather than bulky wav files that
>>>>>take up too much space)
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>
>
 

bruno

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
307
0
18,930
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:50:35 -0400, Jim wrote:

>Try not to take the criticism too harshly and use it as a learning
>experience and continue to offer to others your knowledge.

Group hug!


--
This message has been automatically generated
by Virtual Usenet Client © version 1.3.
Its contents are purely fictitious and are
intended for entertainment purposes only.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Yeah perhaps sending links would have been a better idea. I am an honest
person (I realize you don't know me and I could be making that up; I guess
you'll have to trust what I'm saying) and I even pay for my MP3 downloads,
so I don't want to give something to someone that costs money (that they
should be paying for themselves). I don't want to introduce giving things
away for free that aren't free and that wasn't my intention. Thank you for
your point, it is well taken.


"Jim" <jatrotteratbellsouthdotnet@YGBSM.com> wrote in message
news:ucRxfnfSFHA.164@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> While your intent might have been honorable, I must say you set yourself
> up for criticism. I agree this is an excellent forum and I too would like
> to return to it something, the offer of e-mailing software (freeware or
> no) can be considered questionable. If you follow this newsgroup, those
> that ask for unlock keys or free (licensed) software
> are met with harsh criticism for a good reason.
>
> Hindsight being 20/20, perhaps it would have been better to offer links to
> your favorite freeware with a quick blurb about why it is so good. After
> all since one needs an Internet connection to participate here (or by
> e-mail), one could use the same internet connection to download the
> software onesself.
>
> Try not to take the criticism too harshly and use it as a learning
> experience and continue to offer to others your knowledge.
>
> Jim
>
> Darin wrote:
>> Which is why everyone who has asked me for it, I have told sorry to,
>> because I didn't realize it wasn't free like it used to be. Why am I
>> feeling a little more criticized about trying to offer a nice gesture
>> than appreciated?!
>>
>>
>> "Piers James" <fred@fred.com> wrote in message
>> news:uK4arDcSFHA.244@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>
>>>actually I don't believe that Pocket Streets is free at all:
>>>
>>>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/pocketstreets/price.mspx
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>"Darin" <smash880@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>news:enmxdoUSFHA.3076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>>>The good thing is, I'm only offering what is free to download from the
>>>>internet. You can download these all off their websites, but in case
>>>>someone hasn't heard of them or would like them, that's what I'm
>>>>offering. I don't download anything illegally. Glad you asked.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>"Fat Controller" <fc@soday.net> wrote in message
>>>>news:d4g2o7$nar$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
>>>>
>>>>>And I suppose you have checked with microsoft and the like, that it is
>>>>>OK for you to distribute this stuff?
>>>>>
>>>>>"Darin" <darinr@endpcnoise.com> wrote in message
>>>>>news:OgFK620RFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>>>>
>>>>>>Hello, because I appreciate being in this group, I want to offer what
>>>>>>I have to those who may want it. I've got some freeware that has been
>>>>>>really handy if anyone would like it. I can email it to you. Here's
>>>>>>what I have:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>-Pocket Task Manager (used for ending tasks or processes)
>>>>>>-Pocket Rar (for compressing files/folders and setting passwords on
>>>>>>them)
>>>>>>-Pocket Streets 2005
>>>>>>-Pocket Nester (old NES games on your PPC!)
>>>>>>-Avantgo (news feeds)
>>>>>>-MP3 Voice Recorder (record MP3's, rather than bulky wav files that
>>>>>>take up too much space)
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY