Free video editing software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weathered

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017
I am guessing this is in the best place. Sorry if this has been asked many times before but I am looking for a good video editing software. Does Windows 10 come with this type of software?

Not sure if possible but are there any free ones that don't leave a watermark? I been trying Wondershare Filmora but that one leaves a big watermark on the free version. If I were to buy one, what would be a good option? Don't really want to spend alot since I will not be using it all that much.

I have Adobe Creative Suite 5, does that contain video editing software?

Solution

.drp = Davinci Resolve Project.
You then Deliver (At the bottom of the window)...which leads you to...Render.
Render gives you an actual video file, in whatever format you choose.

Weathered

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017
I don't need anything real serious at all. I tried the built in app for windows but it doesn't recognize any of the videos I have made. I been recording videos with bandicam.

Weathered

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017
I have CS 5 design premium. I am checking out VSDC currently.

I am still learning about how to edit videos but is there a way to add text to the middle of the video without it being over the video itself? I figured out how to add a title to it. I have been playing around with wondershare filmora

What exactly are you going for when you want text in the middle of the video but not over the video? Do you have an example of this you can share or a link to one where this is done? If you want to do what I think you want to do there should be some type of blending or other option that will make it look as though the text is part of the video. One thing that help it blend in is the amount of transparency set.

Design Premium does not include Premiere Pro.

Weathered

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017

I'm not sure if it's possible. I have seen videos like this but it maybe possible that they merged 2 or more vids together.

Weathered

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017
So I been trying out Davinci resolve. I understand how to add text to video but when I save it, it saves it in .drp format and I am not able to open that. How do I save in a different format where I don't need special software to be able to open it? Like I said, I am still learning about all of this.

USAFRet

Illustrious

.drp = Davinci Resolve Project.
You then Deliver (At the bottom of the window)...which leads you to...Render.
Render gives you an actual video file, in whatever format you choose.

Solution

Weathered

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017

I understand now. What is the best format to save it as?

USAFRet

Illustrious

Depends on size and use.
.avi or .mp4 are good choices

Status
Not open for further replies.