Friend's new laptop suddenly has no boot OS?

Catdude900

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
Hello tom's guide Community, I came here today as my long distance friend got a new laptop on Friday, and was using it normally that night, but then as of Saturday, he said that it just was showing a black screen. This all doesn't make sense as all he did was install Steam, use voice call and then install games from Steam overnight. I usually am good with PC, but not in the Laptop area, so I came here for help.

So the problem on this subject was that now when he booted it up only like 10-20 minutes ago, it shown that he had no Boot OS installed, when on Friday it clearly had Windows 10. If anyone could suggest something that could help out, that would be great. But if I can't get help then I would have to have him return it, which will suck since it was shipped in.

Solution
If it is new, they shouldn't mess with it, just contact the place of purchase or manufacturer about a repair or replacement. Better to do that, then to continue to have problems. with it and wind up losing your warranty over time or due to trying to repair it yourself.
If it is new, they shouldn't mess with it, just contact the place of purchase or manufacturer about a repair or replacement. Better to do that, then to continue to have problems. with it and wind up losing your warranty over time or due to trying to repair it yourself.

Solution