Front and rear panel don't work properly.

Waalkeer

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
I have MB ASUS P8Z77 VLK and Win 7 64bit.
In the test Front panel and Rear panel play correctly two diferent things in the same time, but if i want to play on rear to speakers (forexample movie) and from front to headphones some music i don't be able to turn on both conectors in the same time, because it play everything only from rear or from front and i only can switch between them, not turn them on simultaneusly.
I have tried to switched devices in BIOS from HD to AC97 and its still the same. In Win7 64bit i can only switch between them to "set default", so it turn off one of them.

Can somebody give me an advice?
Thx

markwp

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

Sadly, this is an issue in W7 (and Vista). W7 will NOT stream to separate audio connections. To the best of my knowledge, if you want to have dual audio outputs, you will need to install a sound card.

Mark

Waalkeer

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013

Damn!
I had WIN XP before and there it worked.
But thank you anyway Mark.
I hope that i find some solution.

markwp

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

Yep -- still works in XP - that must be why Microsoft is finally killing support for XP - can't have something work that might be useful!

I believe there may be a way to jury rig it through media center, but I've never tried it. Google "multiple audio outputs Windows 7" and see if that helps.

Good luck!!

Mark

Waalkeer

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013

Thx Mark ;)
If I find something, i'll write it here.