Front panel audio not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

boros.filip

Prominent
Sep 5, 2017
Hello,
I know I'm not the first person with this problem, but sadly none of the solutions I found worked for me so I ended up hopeless after few hours of trying. The problem is, yesterday I completed my first build with MB Asus Prime Z270-a and case NZXT S340 elite and my front panel audio and mic connectors are not working. They don't even register when I plug headphones or stereo in them. I checked few times HD Audio wire and it is plugged OK. I downloaded Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.8158, tried to set audio to AC97 in audio manager and still nothing. :/

Please can someone help me solve this problem? I would be very very grateful.

Do you receive audio through the headphones if connected to the rear IO of the motherboard?

If so, check the connection at the front of the case (follow the HD Audio connector from the motherboard, back to the front IO). Is everything secure there?
It's possible there's just a defect in the soldering etc.

Lutfij

Splendid
Within BIOS have you made sure your audio is set to HD audio? When you're talking about AC'97, did you plug the internal motherboard audio header with the HD plug or the AC'97 plug? Judging from the driver revision, you're on the latest offered b Realtek. Might also want to make sure your motherbaord BIOS is up to date.

Mind also sharing your audio equipment? Often times, headsets with more than 2 bands on the 3.5mm jack will cause the issue of not outputting audio correctly.

raisonjohn

Estimable
Herald
Feb 22, 2015
Don't use AC'97 (it has a different pin-definition than the HD Audio). It should be set in HD Audio as your Asus Z270-A MB's AAFP header and your NZXT S340 Elite case's audio front panel cables specifically use HD Audio.

If it still doesn't work, try using the previous Audio Driver version (Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.7997(WHQL) for Windows 7 32-bit & 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit.(WHQL)), here:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/Realtek_Audio_Driver_Win7-81-10_V6017997.zip?_ga=2.99864854.907747820.1504953145-643997671.1502818833

boros.filip

Prominent
Sep 5, 2017
Yes My headphones (Trust GXT322) work right if connected to rear IO. I plugged HD Audio plug to motherboard and checked the connection like three times, even unplugged and plugged in and. I also tried to disable and then enable HD audio setting in BIOS. I'll try using that previous Audio driver and than check whether my BIOS is up to date. Thanks guys for your time, I really appreciate that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.