debwillard4050

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017
I have a Toshiba Satellite C55 A, and the cursor freezes ALL THE TIME. The F5/FN key thing works some of the time to get it going again. Usually I end up doing a restart. But I need a more permanent solution, as it is impossible to get any work done when you have to interrupt what you're doing every 5-10 minutes or so. The other solution I've read about is turning the computer off and on again, removing the battery and replacing it again, etc. Do I want to do that every 5 or 10 minutes or so ????? NO. Has anybody else found a more permanent solution to this problem, or is getting a new computer the only solution? THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN MAKING ME CRAZY.

Jul 16, 2018
Nothing I have read helps. This works for me (but I can't say it will work on your computer). It's really simple and not geeky, so that's a plus. Press the Windows key and X. That gets you (if it works) to the "type here to search" Windows function at the bottom of the screen. Type anything--yeah, anything, like "XXXX"--and press Enter. That, on my machine, knocks the cursor out of its stupor. I hope it works for you, too.