Solved! Frustrated with crack!

spy79

Estimable
Nov 4, 2014
Hey guys, this is my first post so bear with me. It's a simple question and one that I can't find a straight answer to. My Samsung 60 plasma ended up with a cracked inner screen. Not sure as to how it happened but it happened! Anyway,, all I wanna know is if it can be repaired without having to sell my soul to the devil. The TV will not even come on and, well,to be quite honest, I think I'm screwed in not having a TV anymore. Can someone help?

Solution
There won't be any replacement panels available if there ever were any. The price of that non-existing panel and labor would be much higher than cost of repair. The old panel can't be repaired either. Time for a new or new used TV.
One thing you might want to consider. Don't know how things work where you're located, but my local shop told me $70 upfront just for me to leave my HDTV there.

$35 for them to look at it and another $35 for the recycling fee (this way no one can just leave it for them to pay the recycle fee). If it's cheap enough to repair, then the $35 recycle fee turns into a deposit on the repair cost. Might be something to discuss with the repair guy.

-Wolf sends

P.S. I'd agree that it's likely cheaper to buy a new TV.