ftp phone to laptop - timeout error with copy

sjoy1

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
Hi! I copy files from android cell phone to Win 7 laptop via ftp connection. This had worked fine, but now I'm getting timeout errors with the copy. Here's a description of what I do:

1. Turn on wifi on the phone (which presumably connects to my home's wifi).
2. Start ES File Manager's Remote Network feature on the phone.
3. Remote Network gives me an ftp address that I enter into a Windows Explorer address bar on laptop.

Phonme files are then displayed in the explorer window and I can copy them to laptop.

Suddenly today it takes a long time for the copy to begin and I get a timeout error every time.

NOTE: I do same to copy files between Android tablet and laptop. Tablet ftp still works fine. Both use port 3721.

I've tried refreshing the explorer window, disconnecting phone from wifi, closing the ftp connection and restarting. Nothing helps.

What to do?

Tia, Stephanie

ameilius

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
hey there...

1. try logging into your pc from ES through "anonymous" connection --- same thing?

2. also you can try removing your pc from the ES list, and re-add it - that worked for me a while back

sjoy1

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014

Hi and thanks. It doesn't appear that I have a LAN set up in ES, so can't use anonymous or delete/re-add. I don't understand how this works, but ES just makes the ftp connection when I choose "Remote Manager.". Anyway, I think I fixed it. ES ftp screen has "settings" that include "Close on Exit." I ticked that, exited and reopened ES, and now it works! Thanks again for kind response.

TRENDING THREADS