Fugitive Busted Via Facebook Friend Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatedtodie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Well to be fair the friend was added a while ago and the FBI actually combed his friends list and found one of his friends listed the justice department as his former place of work and his profile was set to private.

They talked to his friend and the friend then spied on him through facebook until the cops could track him down and finally nab him.

So while he was stupid, it wasn't totally due to the facebook as the culprit. Please do more complete reporting in the future.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]lvlouro[/nom]This shows the intelligence of facebookers[/citation]

Yes, a criminal who uses facebook can speak for us all. I think this speaks more to the intelligence of criminals...

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]Why did he do: "added a former Justice Department official to his friends list"????????[/citation]
He's probably one of these idiots who just wants to have hundreds of people on his friends list, and accepts anyone who asks. The Justice Department official probably sent a friend request hoping to achieve this very outcome.

Stupid criminals... gotta love em! They're entertaining AND low-maintanence!

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
And he even has a suitable jailbird name - Max Soap - as in showering with violent felons who's holding back a lot of pent up energy, well,... you get the picture. Not sure if prisoners are allowed Internet and Facebook while they serve in The Pen but I'm interested if he'll maintain his Facebook and post a picture of his new high secuity house and striped suit.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
[citation][nom]lvlouro[/nom]This shows the intelligence of facebookers[/citation]
200 million facebook users and you think you can make an assumption that all of them are this stupid?

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]200 million facebook users and you think you can make an assumption that all of them are this stupid?[/citation]

No, just the flashy ignorant ones... oh wait... i meant the american ones...

samely

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
[citation][nom]jonpaul37[/nom]No, just the flashy ignorant ones... oh wait... i meant the american ones...[/citation]
The guy in the story was a native of Cameroon, and had only lived in the US for 6 years. Good call.

G

Well too bad. How did he spend this money? Did he remember to may be assist his family in his country who could have needed the money? Did he give some to somebody in need? Did he give some to charity? If not, let him rot in prison. Because this is irresponsibilty at its highest. Somebody tell me what his long term goals were.

Status
Not open for further replies.