Fujitsu Laptop Memory Diagnostic Problem

KingOfComputing

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
I am trying to help a friend with a Fujitsu AH531 laptop that runs Windows 10 and has developed an issue where it will after a few minutes usage give a BSOD which states “PAGE FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA (snp2uvc.sys)”

I have researched the error and learnt that it can often relate to memory errors so I downloaded the USB bootable memtest to run on the laptop to test the RAM. I checked the USB drive booted on my PC first (it does). However no matter what I try I can’t seem to make it boot on the laptop. The funny thing is the laptop detects the drive perfectly (in both windows and the BIOS). I have entered the BIOS (F2) and set it as the primary boot drive but the laptop just overrides whatever I set and boots right from the C drive. Also whenever I go into the BIOS the settings are returned to their defaults despite me selecting “save” every time. One time I even set the boot drive to “disabled” but sure enough Windows just booted up as normal. It’s as if I only have read only access of the BIOS but it isn’t asking for a password or anything else that would explain it. There is also a boot menu (F12), which also lets me set the USB stick. However after I set the USB stick it pops up again but only for a split second with the C drive selected again and hence proceeds to boot Windows. It’s as if the boot up options have been locked somehow?

I really want to test the memory first as it’s a waste if I just buy more memory and it turns out to be something else entirely.

Is there any tool within Windows I can test the memory with? Or anyway I could get memtest or a similar program to run in Windows so I don’t have to boot from USB?

weberdarren97

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015

CMOS battery is dead. Replace CMOS battery.

bonou2

Estimable
Mar 8, 2014
Losing BIOS settings and/or BIOS is being resetted to factory defaults could be related to 3 things mainly being:
1 .CMOS battery is dead - consider replacing it
2. You are not saving your BIOS changes before restarting or shutting down.
3. The mainboard developed a fault, and it is resulting in BIOS settings loss.

Regarding the BSOD, did the issue develop after the Windows 10 upgrade or the Anniversary Update?
If that's the case, reinstalling the Windows from scratch, and installing the appropriate drivers for it could solve the issue. Also try booting into Safe Mode, and use it for a couple of minutes/hours on Safe Mode and see if the BSOD occurs. If it does not, then it could be either a corrupt/invalid driver or another software corruption (hence my suggestion to go for the Windows reinstallation).
As for testing the RAM, and to remove any doubt that not any other hardware issue is causing your problems, I suggest testing the RAM on another laptop with which uses compatible RAM. Also I suggest testing the RAM sticks 1 by 1, so that if errors are detected, you would know which one is failing.
I suggest MemTest86+ it never failed me.