Fujitsu Toshiba Uncovers First WP7 Mango Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Nice, but like every WP7 it has that nice-but-not-stellar SoC all its peers use.

Currently, all WP7 handsets are upper mid end. Where are the lower mid-end and truly high-end models? Maybe MS should widen its list of supported SoC's to cover a larger part of the market.

I said it again and I'll keep saying it: the stellar quality of a Nokia handset + WP7 + OVI + a better SoC = the perfect handset (well, close to it).

G

@Silmarunya:
WP7 don't run on many different chipsets, so there isn't much different you can do with the hardware and those difficult to make high end or low end phones. This makes most WP7 phones to be quite similar in feature, it's only the look that may be a bit different, no matter if the phone is made by Nokia or LG or HTC or who ever.

One of the features that seems to missing from the list is the simplicity for app developers to send loads of advertisements to your phone and you will have to pay for it too (unless you have free data traffic on your subscription)

soccerdocks

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]I would assume 1GHz...[/citation]

It may not run at that speed. Its very common for phone manufacturers to down clock processors to increase battery life. Apple has done it with their iPhones.

G

WHO NEED overpriced iCrap when such powerhouse already available in market

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]hansson_dk[/nom]One of the features that seems to missing from the list is the simplicity for app developers to send loads of advertisements to your phone and you will have to pay for it too (unless you have free data traffic on your subscription)[/citation]

This isn't listed in mango as WP7 already has this ability (as do iOS and Android).

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]Silmarunya[/nom] Where are the lower mid-end and truly high-end models? Maybe MS should widen its list of supported SoC's to cover a larger part of the market.[/citation]
MS define MINIMUM specs (and rightly so, just look at some of the cruddy low end android based phones). Its up to the phone makers whether they want to exceed those specs and make a high level phone. I'm not sure I'd want to see a low end WP7 phone, just imagine WP7 running on a 300Mhz processor with 128Mb of RAM like a lot of the knock off chinese android handsets. Ewwww.

peterwillis

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
If you are looking for customization and user friendliness Windows Phone based mobile phones are not a good option, also there isn't much free apps available for windows phone OS online. so consider buying Android based mobiles

http://www.mobile2u.com.pk

keanoo

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
No one commented on the 11 days standby time? I really hope that is true, I am so sick of crap battery life on my smart phones.

sabilamalik

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
Looks very nice I wonder if this will come out in the UK as I am due an upgrade around this time. Nokia had better start showing off there new device if they want people to start picking up there WP7 devices as all the other big names are showing off there at the mo.

G

Wwoow great phone. Nokia, Samsung, HTC, Iphone, Blackberry Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.