Fullscreen doesn't work on YouTube in Chrome

AxelMagnus

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
Hello,

For the last month or so, full-screen on YouTube has been pixelated. (Usually low-res videos are smoothed out when full-screened.) For the last days, it has stopped working completely. That is, when I go full-screen on one of my 1920 x 1080 screens, it looks like this:

http://imgur.com/IXuGYwD (Yes, there are white areas on the right and bottom part of the screen as shown.)

Sound continues playing, but the video frame freezes. The controls are working, but they don't give any visual rollover feedback, so the screen is completely frozen. I can escape or press the full-screen button to go back to windowed mode, and I can see video again.

This is only a problem in Chrome. No problem in IE.

How can I solve the problem?

pcgaming98

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Chrome has been working oddly for me too. This happens on Twitch livestreams as well, they're choppy and they skip, and dont work in fullscreen. I think Chrome's integrated Flash Player doesn't work as well as the one off of the adobe website.

The only thing I can recommend is using IE to watch videos. As bad as it sucks, we just have to wait until Google gets around to fixing the problem, we aren't the only one with it.

AxelMagnus

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013

Thought I already had the latest drivers, but I didn't. My bad. I had the 330 driver from November for my GeForce 760, but now i have 334.89 from 19. February.

I did not reinstall Chrome, but I had to reboot the computer before it worked. Now IE and Chrome performs quite similar again. No noticable pixelation either.