Question Function keys of EXTERNAL bluetooth keyboard gets inverted from factory

Status
Not open for further replies.

castielus

Honorable
Feb 21, 2014
Hello, I did not know where to post this. And there's no applicable solutions so far....

I bought a 3rd party Chinese bluetooth LED Android /laptop keyboard. It works great until I discover that the function keys are inverted from the factory. The most troublesome inverted key is the DELETE/LOCK button. Normally, when you press Delete button, it deletes. But mine, the lock function is on. If I need to use delete, I must press FUNCTION+DELETE. It's a nightmare! Deleting photos one by one becomes cumbersome.

I read that, in normal laptop keyboard, function keys can be inverted back using FUNCTION+ESC. Problem is, my Esc button is combined with home button. If I need Esc, I must press FUNC+ESC. Therefore it is impossible for me to execute FUNCTION+FUNCTION+ESC :'(

I tried software called SharpKeysto remap all the keys but I can't find any option that can help me convert:
LOCK into DEL
FUNC+DEL into LOCK
HOME into ESC
FUNC+ESC into HOME

Is there anyway to fix it??? Thanx.

castielus

Honorable
Feb 21, 2014
You would have to contact the maker of the keyboard to figure out how to use it, or the manual. Since your odd keyboard is not working as a normal one there is no way for anyone aside from the maker to know what it can do and how.
Is there any software that could remap laptop keyboard? All remapping software I use has no way to invert function. It just covers basic keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.