Fusion Garage Gone Silent, Believed To Have Closed Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]juncture[/nom]Reminds me of BFG Technologies Inc. right after my video card from them fried...[/citation]

Same boat.. 8800GTS died D:

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Am I the only one who hates the name "JooJoo"? It sounds like a word from a baby with prejudicial parents or something. Yes, I know its true origin, but still.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]That was a problem with NV's chips, not BFG. My EVGA 8800GTS 640mb had the same issues, which I believe was related to heat.[/citation]

Many companies back then picked fans/heat-sinks that weren't up to the task much like my 8800gtx, same problem and the manufacturer later admitted the weak cooling design and that they missed to take in account for things like dust that drops the efficiency over time (unless cleaned regularly) nad that particular fan that had very bad bearings. Bet that why Nvidia today enforces quality not to get bad recognition.

t_shirt

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
I have a BFG 8800gts 640mb card that has died twice. In both cases I have been able to bring it back by baking it in an oven. It seems that some of the solder connections come loose from over-heating, but can be re-connected by melting them back together at just the right temperature.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Lol @ putting a space heater in the oven to make it work. Reminds me of when they would carry coals for heat in a tin bucket, or use brass irons from the stove top.

Status
Not open for further replies.