Galaxy A5 2016 Side buttons not working

adonis.marsas

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
Hi, I'm having an issue where the back and menu buttons next to the home button on my A5 2016 are not responding whatsoever, they don't even light up.

This problem has persisted for a while, I manage to fix it by simply restarting the phone or by shutting the screen on and off multiple times until the buttons register again, this no longer works however.

I have a feeling this may have to do with the fact that a day ago from writing this I accidentaly dropped the phone in seawater. I immediatly powered it off and set it to dry. It's working fine now, I typed this with it, but the aformentioned buttons don't work at all. So is there a workable solution to this?

Solution
It is up to you. If you feel comfortable opening it up and checking it for anything in the device, then there is nothing stopping you. If not, you then may want to consider a local tech who can clean it out and recommend any replacement parts, if necessary.

adonis.marsas

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
If you only left it a day to dry, and it stayed fully closed while it was doing so, then it is probably not actually all dry. Not to mention that if it was salt water, that will leave salt in it as well.
Could be water, salt or sand still in the phone for all I know. What should I do really? The phone is still on and is functioning fine minus the back and menu buttons. It's been 2 days so maybe the phone dried up aswell.

It is up to you. If you feel comfortable opening it up and checking it for anything in the device, then there is nothing stopping you. If not, you then may want to consider a local tech who can clean it out and recommend any replacement parts, if necessary.

Solution