Galaxy ace memory problems

Eamon Burns 99

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
Here is the deal I have a galaxy ace and a 7.5gb memory card but when I download an app it says I do not have enough storage space help please :)

Solution

The problem is that although you have an 8GB memory card, the internal memory on the phone is about 1GB, this is a kind of system memory and many apps require some of this space. You have managed to fill the system memory with apps and that is whats full, not your memory card. There are two solutions.

1. Delete some apps to free up some of the phone memory!
2. "root" your phone and use an app to force things onto the sdcard instead of system storage. You can google how to root your phone and there are plenty of apps that move things to sd card.

Unfortunatlely not all apps will move...

Andiee Hart

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

The problem is that although you have an 8GB memory card, the internal memory on the phone is about 1GB, this is a kind of system memory and many apps require some of this space. You have managed to fill the system memory with apps and that is whats full, not your memory card. There are two solutions.

1. Delete some apps to free up some of the phone memory!
2. "root" your phone and use an app to force things onto the sdcard instead of system storage. You can google how to root your phone and there are plenty of apps that move things to sd card.

Unfortunatlely not all apps will move to SD but it should give you some more space at least. One major drawback with the ACE is its woeful phone memory. other models have a lot more space and this is less of a problem.

Solution