Galaxy grand prime won't recognize ANY SD card

eblack1983

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017
I have had the Samsung Galaxy grand prime for about a year. I have tried several different SD cards and the phone will not even recognize there is an SD card in the slot. Can I replace the slot?

Solution
I can't tell you to do it or not. That one is up to you. If you feel comfortable trying to fix it then the only thing to stop you is you. That said, please note if the device is under warranty still, then you should contact the manufacturer about any repairs rather than doing it yourself and void the warranty.
You can get a tech to replace it for you,or you can try and do it yourself. However it may not be that cheap.

First I would make sure you are actually using the right kind of SD card. If it she wrong size (not physical, but storage size) for the device (they do have limits) then that could be your issue.

You can also look into the slot and make sure there is nothing in it (dirt, debris, etc.) or nothing bent in it.

eblack1983

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017
I have tried every size card from 4GB to 64GB. Some Samsung brand and some generic. I have inspected the slot and it does look like one prong is slightly bent. I have some experience at phone repair, and pretty confident in myself. What you think?

I can't tell you to do it or not. That one is up to you. If you feel comfortable trying to fix it then the only thing to stop you is you. That said, please note if the device is under warranty still, then you should contact the manufacturer about any repairs rather than doing it yourself and void the warranty.

Solution