Galaxy Note Will Be Available Feb. 19, Preorders Feb. 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jezus53

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
[citation][nom]masterasia[/nom]Isn't this already available?[/citation]

Not in the US.

I was hoping this would be available on anything but AT&T. Looks like I'll be waiting till another carrier has it...and hopefully that's soon.

spookie

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
[quote ]consumers will pay $300 and agree to a two year contract with AT&T. [/quote]
thats over priced!!!
oh and it's been available in South Africa for a while now...hahaha suckers!

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]Heh, another complaint at ZOMG!!! 300 USD!!!... the rest of the world pays what, $700?[/citation]
dont really care if the rest of the world pays more, the fact that its $300 with a 2 year contract to ATT is absurd. and the fact that you can get a fairly competitive 7 inch tab in the price range without contract makes the price tag more absurd. Its a bit too big to be used as a phone comfortably, and a bit small for a tablet. A 7 inch tab would be more ideal for notes and other non phone stuff.

G

Consumers can buy the phone for $300 from AT&T and probably sell it for the same price on Ebay once they're eligible for another upgrade. Of course one has to take good care of it. :)

Budge72

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
No, Newegg has not had THIS version of the Note, and neither has most of Europe. AT&T's version has a different processor and has LTE. The imported versions will not work on AT&T's LTE network. This phone will cost $50 more on contract than the Skyrocket, and it gives you a hi-def display and several note-taking apps with an included stylus. For people in a corporate environment that could use this function, and extra $50 is a bargain. And for those of you who don't have LTE, you don't know what you're missing.

Budge72

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
No, Newegg has not had THIS version of the Note, and neither has most of Europe. AT&T's version has a different processor and has LTE. The imported versions will not work on AT&T's LTE network. This phone will cost $50 more on contract than the Skyrocket, and it gives you a hi-def display and several note-taking apps with an included stylus. For people in a corporate environment that could use this function, and extra $50 is a bargain. And for those of you who don't have LTE, you don't know what you're missing.

junixophobia

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
Gnote is great but if you enable 3G and have skype running in background... bat dies easily like plus minus 5 hours...

But i think you can purchase a bigger battery that last longer...

kewlmunky

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]newegg has had it unlocked for the past couple of months[/citation]

Just looked and the only one I found was 3G.

kewlmunky

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]newegg has had it unlocked for the past couple of months[/citation]

Just looked and the only one I found was 3G.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]dont really care if the rest of the world pays more, the fact that its $300 with a 2 year contract to ATT is absurd. and the fact that you can get a fairly competitive 7 inch tab in the price range without contract makes the price tag more absurd. Its a bit too big to be used as a phone comfortably, and a bit small for a tablet. A 7 inch tab would be more ideal for notes and other non phone stuff.[/citation]
Seems like the rest of the world pays more, in fact it's almost the same because AT&T aren't anywhere else and we all know that US consumers get bent over a barrel like Marcel Wallace in Pulp Fiction for their contracts

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
If they only had a DROID RAZR MAXX "Smablet" with a little bit better quality camera AND Android ICS out of the box...I'd be a first day buyer.

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
Using the galaxy note AKA Samsung "Phonblet" for over 7 weeks now and here are my conclusions.

-Fits perfectly in all pockets. FYI if phone was even 1cm bigger it would not fit in most of your pockets
-Slim and about the same weight as the iphone
-Blazingly fast on Apps and interface
-If you only have one hand, this phone is not for you
-Writting recognition software not perfect
-Excellent note taking feature with zero lag
-Batt needs recharging every 26 hours or about 12 hrs with heavy use
-Superior screen makes reading under the sun easy
-Ice cream sandwich ready
-Many features are akin to iOS but still takes time to get used to
-Attracts the "awe" factor with everyone wanting to have a look and feel
-Excellent camera quality with awesome autofocus
-Phone speaker is redundantly at the back instead of being at the side