Abhishek1025

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
I am new to rooting., How do i root my Galaxy S4-19500? Can anyone suggest me step by step instructions to do so.. Suggest me some really good ROM's for the S4. Also, can i unroot my Galaxy S4 and get back the original Android Kitkat ? :p

Solution
If you are new to it, it might be best to start with something simple. I'm a fan of CyanogenMod, in large part because they offer a nearly completely automated installation process. Your model is supported by them, and if you are interested, you can visit their site here to get more information. They release multiple builds for various models, and not all of them are stable; I would recommend checking their forums to find out which build would best suit your needs.

For help unrooting, this article appears to be quite helpful, with pictures to guide you through the process. I have not ever had to unroot my phone though, so I would suggest you do further research before attempting to do so.

Keep in mind that rooting your...
If you are new to it, it might be best to start with something simple. I'm a fan of CyanogenMod, in large part because they offer a nearly completely automated installation process. Your model is supported by them, and if you are interested, you can visit their site here to get more information. They release multiple builds for various models, and not all of them are stable; I would recommend checking their forums to find out which build would best suit your needs.

For help unrooting, this article appears to be quite helpful, with pictures to guide you through the process. I have not ever had to unroot my phone though, so I would suggest you do further research before attempting to do so.

Keep in mind that rooting your phone WILL in most cases void your manufacturer's warranty (unless this has been changed with recent laws that I have not kept up with). Even if you unroot your phone, it keeps a record of your device having been modified, so that is something to keep in mind.

Hope this helps!

Solution