Galaxy Tab 3 - crashes after Google App update 6.10.37

huhtad

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2002
Our Galaxy Tab 3 started crashing when long-pressing the home key suddenly - with a system UI error - and crashes for a few seconds before recovering.

We wiped the device (factory reset) and it went away. A few minutes later, it started again and by resetting several times and updating apps one at a time, we found the culprit was the Google App (Google Now) version 6.10.37. As soon as it's applied, this crashing begins. If we uninstall the update, the problem goes away.

Anybody run into this?

Westy1871

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017

I have had the exact same problem and have uninstalled the Google update and now works ok. I did a full factory reset and now cannot re-install my HSBC app - it says my device is not supported although had no problems installing before. It also says cannot install as no carrier. Not sure why this is happening as the app says will run on version 4 and above of the firmware and I am running the latest version 4.4.2. ?

Alan_102

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017
Me three... I uninstalled the update, but it reinstalled itself almost immediately and started crashing. I uninstalled the update again and disabled the app. My tablet is now stable, and haven't yet worked out what functionality I'm missing :)

huhtad

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2002

huhtad

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2002
I contacted Samsung and they were aware of the problem. They said they will be sending out a firmware update soon. I asked twice because they haven't done a firmware update in a long time but they insisted they will so watch for it...!