Galaxy Tab Gets Priced at $649 Off Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
tabs should NOT be this expensive. they should be around $300, because less face it, it's an entertainment device, not something anyone can do hardcore work on. anything above $500 should be able to run matlab, AT THE VERY LEAST.

college students gotta be able to get their work done. the audience for tabs will simply pick the ipad over this.

G

Seriously guys, these stuff is just way too expensive... One could buy two cheap netbooks with this money.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Seriously, this is more than I am willing to pay. For this sort of money I would expect full Windows 7 installed with HDMI and USB outputs. I really want to like this machine and I apprecaite the direction Android is heading, but not at this price!

G

Seriously guys, these stuff is just way too expensive... One could buy two cheap netbooks with this money.

G

Way too expensive and I can't even make a phone call on it!... Why should I have this in my briefcase?... No reason... I guess I'll keep my netbook... It has a keyboard... Memory... and if I drop it it's inexpensive to replace... Oh but no touch screen?... Big deal!

visa

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
For that much it would need to include the functionality it has now and be able to control my entertainment center devices plus all my appliances. Looks cool and everything but too much for me.

Compulsive1

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
They will be selling them for 299 just in time for Christmas and every one will think it's a good deal considering their 'regular' price.

experimentxx

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2010
The Ipad suddenly looked tempting.. Thanks Samsung and good luck shipping millions of those stuff.

Will continue waiting for the better spec'd tegra 2 tabs.

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
You can almost get a bluray laptop for that price.I can get a nice smartphone and a cheap toshiba for around 700...what a bummer

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
it doesn't matter if it were made of gold. that's way too much for that type of thing. it may not cost more than my descent performing notebook.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Samsung was expecting to sell 10 million of these things? LOL

Meanwhile Apple, like they usually do, will probably roll out a next gen iPad by the beginning of 2011. And as usual, it'll include things Apple left out of the first gen - meaning it'll be much better than the current iPad.

Competitors won't be able to point out the several obvious features the iPad lacks (that they have), which means they won't really have any advantage.

Price them similarly and why would an average consumer pick a new, untried tablet over a well-established and well supported one? Especially a second generation one, with many consumers automatically relating second gen to "fixed" or "much better". I mean, even when people buy new cars they always like to wait for the second model year to "get the bugs out".

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
"Itching for a Galaxy Tab? This is how big the wallet-wound will be when the device finally hits stores."

I think there will be no wallet-wounds because nobody here is tempted to buy one.

phexac

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Way too expensive for this sort of device. Also don't dig 7" screen. The nearly 10" screen is definitely one of the things iPad got right.

User69

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
For tablets to be able to take on the netbook market they'll have to have more performance, with more features, for a cheaper price. I see no practical reason to have a tablet over a netbook. Tablets are just a hype right now and will pass. One more thing, the iPad is not just a big iPhone. At least my iPhone can make phone calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.