GameFly Launching Android Appstore; Becomes Publisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Maybe sometime in the future they'll compete with big name publishers. I don't know about you, but I really can't stand EA (EA for me, you may dislike Activision or Ubisoft more).

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
I would like to see a developer making more hardcore type games instead of everything being casual. There is no reason you can't pump out a PS1/PS2 quality game on a mobile phone. Maybe even sell an official bluetooth mini controller.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]jdog2pt0[/nom]Maybe sometime in the future they'll compete with big name publishers. I don't know about you, but I really can't stand EA (EA for me, you may dislike Activision or Ubisoft more).[/citation]
I dislike them equally.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
The only way I could see this working out for them to make them rival that stands out would be to host exclusive quality games but I highly doubt any developer would go for this and lose sales.

[citation][nom]kawininjazx[/nom]I would like to see a developer making more hardcore type games instead of everything being casual. There is no reason you can't pump out a PS1/PS2 quality game on a mobile phone. Maybe even sell an official bluetooth mini controller.[/citation]

By PS1/PS2 quality you clearly mean graphics, and I have to entirely disagree with you on this. Graphics do NOT make games hardcore, game-play does and the depthof the game is.

Status
Not open for further replies.