Gamer Dad Attacks Teen After CoD Black Ops Heckling

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Both parents are losers. One guy unemployed that's 46 years old is playing a game when he should be looking for a job instead. Then to let a 13 year old kid make him lose his temper to the point where he assulted the kid is utterly stupid and immature on his part. The parent of the 13 year old child is also a loser for allowing her 13 year old son to play a game with mature content.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I feel sorry for the 46 yr old guy. Kids these days are no doubt one hell of a uncouth lot if they are not properly being brought up.
Respect that is given to people older than you isn't something that exists in today's kids any more......
Really, sad, but then you do meet all types of people on the network too. What surprised me was that he's a father of three, I'd have expected him to have a lot more patience than this. But, it's bad when you're unemployed and can't do anything about it , I guess, we've all had our share of bad times. I sympathize with the 46 yr.old, and the kid does deserve a kick in the teeth.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]boey[/nom]@ chumley - while I don't agree with beating a child, the basic premise of respecting your elders and being punished for being disrespectful is sound IMO.If I ever caught my daughter acting like that kid, you can bet your ass she'll be seriously punished.[/citation]

respect is earned not given. im 23, so you know where this thought is coming from.
when i was in school, there were 2 teachers who had my full respect, the art teacher, and the computer/history teacher, best 2 i ever had.
there were a few who had my respect as a person, but not as an educator, and some i couldn't bring my self to help even if i saw them dieing as they sucked as a teacher, as a person, and were horrible to everyone they came in contact with, where not one person could say something good about them.

one teacher, he was shop, was involved in a drive by, the person who shot at his house was out of school, but the driver just had to ware a ankle bracelet. he was in his class, and still was given fair grades... its amaseing.

now kids automatically giving an adult respect because they are an adult... hell no.
kids showing common curtacy to people, regardless, that i agree with.

[citation][nom]brothermist[/nom]See in my house growing up... if my dad found out I was acting this way to to an adult he would have driven me to this mans house and beat my ass in front of him. Thats if I was stupid enough to even dream of acting in this way to begin with. This is just another news story proving that it takes more than just having children to be a parent. While this man should have controlled himself better, the "parents" should be actively participating in raising their child as opposed to simply being spectators.[/citation]

no no no no no no no.
i treat people in real life how i treat people online when i'm anonymous
however i don't scream every obscenity i can at people, im a complete *** to them though, to me bad words are just words, i use them all the time, and you have no idea how hard it is to post comments here without saying them.

that said, dickhead was probably the lightest thing said if it was ever said, you ever play a cod game online? this kid probably went off on a 5 minute tangent of racism, bad words poorly used, and sexist terms, and he was probably grasping at straws when he told his mom "all i said was dickhead"

alhanelem

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
surprisingly the kid never got punished for swearing or verbally abusing people but the 46 yr old guy gets punished for doing what his lazy ass mum should have done?
the worlds gone upside down...

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
While there's no way to justify the guy's actions, one does has to question a 13 year old playing an M rated game, calling other people d***heads... (I'm sure thats not the end of his vocabulary either).

The biggest problem with this online gaming environment is there are no consequences to your actions so people act like douches... Well unless you piss off the guy down the road that is :p

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
What a crack of bullshi... Prison for "no harm", payment, 13 kid playing a mature rated game, and all of this end like that. Hell i should get my father to the police for everytime he hit me then, or wait, everytime another kid hit me when i was little....

The guy should be punished, no doubt, but not with prison, take the freaking game away from him!

people are just retarded sometimes, and only know how to blame everybdy else.

jamesedgeuk2000

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
[citation][nom]zankuto[/nom]Defenseless child? Why is a child playing an M rated title? Get the kid off the game.[/citation]

This is in the UK mate not the US, we don't have "M" rated games over here, the question should be why was a 13 year old playing an 18 rated game O.O

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Because some idiot parent decided to read some kid book where the author thought CoD was OK. No one raises their kids anymore, today's youth are brought up on Baby Books and Supernanny.[/citation]

apparently this isn't the case. The motehr was at home while teh kid was playign this game , and she is obviously OK WITH IT > youa re you to tell some one how they can or can't raise thier kid ??? is it your buisness what games she allows her kid to play? NO it is NOT , the day every one in this country thinks it's thier buisness is the day this country stops being america. as for this mans actions they are ridiculous adn horrible. sure i've goten pissed at idiots onlien before , but does that give me the right to physicallya ttack some one much less a kid jsut becasue i can't deal with a vberbal insult better ??? no it doesn't give me that right , I'm an adult and i conduct myself that way, mute the prick if i don't like what they are saying or *GASP * just turn off the game and do something else for awhile.

nikorr

Distinguished
[citation][nom]leeashton[/nom]lol that teens got his ass handed to him[/citation]
U got that right : )[citation][nom]zankuto[/nom]Defenseless child? Why is a child playing an M rated title? Get the kid off the game.[/citation]
U got that right : ) Comes with the territory. Sometimes. For the kid anyway.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]jamesedgeuk2000[/nom]This is in the UK mate not the US, we don't have "M" rated games over here, the question should be why was a 13 year old playing an 18 rated game O.O[/citation]
Patetoes potato

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
So the kid was insulting someone and got what he deserved. IF this was say in a bar or a nightclub and you did this, the same thing would happen. Why should this be any different? Teach that kid some manners (which should be the parents job) otherwise when he grows up... well, yeah. Also, the parent should really l2parent.

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
that friking kid :)).

The guy did what most of us want to do .... who did not ever hear a 12 year old be all macho over the internet ..

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
46 and unemployed.....now that's the real problem....he was bored and needed something bettter to do with his time....sometimes this thing we call anger is a very serious disease :(

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
[citation][nom]zankuto[/nom]Defenseless child? Why is a child playing an M rated title? Get the kid off the game.[/citation]

Please explain what a 13 year old playing an adult oriented games has to do with being able to defend himself physically against a grown man? IDK whats worse. that dumb ass comment or the fact that it got tons us thumbs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.