Games for New Razer Blade 14"

UpgradeComp

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
So my Razer Blade 14" (college laptop but I might as well game on it) will be here next week and I want some games for it. I want CoD and BF3, are they pay to play multiplayer? I've never played Borderlands or Starcraft, but I used to play WoW a ton so games relative to WoW, CoD, and BF3. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (Crysis maybe?) I like multiplayer and kind sorta hate campaigns and things like that. The only time I like fighting stuff that isn't other players is like leveling in WoW. Skyrim is on the edge for me, but I heard about a new multiplayer one soon?

p.s. I've checked out a lot that's out, I don't like Bioshock or Metro Last Light unless someone can tell me otherwise, or they have cool multiplayer.

Thank you

manofchalk

Honorable
May 11, 2012
BF3 and CoD you don't have to pay to play online, this isnt console gaming where you need to pay to connect your device to the internet (beyond what your IPS charges :p).

Borderlands I find is best played with friends, just going into a public server doesnt really work well as there is always someone who is Level 50 and just dominates while you sit there with your Level 3 character doing nothing. If have a friend who hasn't played it before or one who is willing to start a new character, it can be quite fun co-oping through the game.
In terms of competitive multiplayer, there is none beyond dueling.

Starcraft is all about multi-player, though it has a steep learning curve once you go online. DOTA 2 is in a similar boat.

Anything by Valve I recommend you get, all but Half Life and Portal 1 and 2 have some form of competitive multiplayer. Team Fortress 2 is a particularly good time, and free.

One game I have gotten back into lately is Natural Selection 2, very tactical first person shooter thats pretty heavy on teamwork and plays like an RTS depending on your role.

Bioshock...
Damn I love that series, if you ever get an opportunity to pick up the original for cheap I recommend you do. Easily one of the best IP's outright.

UpgradeComp

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012

First and foremost, thank you for your response. I want something with very detailed graphics, that will push the graphics card; by the looks of TF2 it seems as if the graphics aren't so great. Does Bioshock have multiplayer? Also, how do you feel about crysis? Is it a mix between CoD and BF3? Is it better?

Thanks

manofchalk

Honorable
May 11, 2012
TF2 isnt all that graphics intensive, still a very good game though.

Bioshock 2 has multiplayer, but it wasn't exactly good and its been a few years since it released, I would be surprised if anyone was still playing.
Bioshock is very much a single player game.

Crysis 3 is great on graphics, as good as your going to get right now. As a shooter, I would place it lower than BF3 and CoD, though I don't play much of either so I couldnt give you any objective reason why.