Question Games not responding while loading and taskmanger making my laptop freeze

May 21, 2019
Hey there,
I've had this problem for quite a long time and I hope I can do something about it.

The issue:
When I want to play some more demanding game, it stops responding. The two games causing me the biggest trouble is Cities Skylines and Arma 3. Sometimes they stop responding when starting the game, most of the times it's when I want to go from the main menu to the actual game. Arma usually lets me join a server but stops responding when the map is loading. Similar with Cities Skylines, it stops responding like 3/4 into loading the map. The bigger problem is tho when I bring up the task manager and kill the task, my whole laptop freezes totally - no sound, can't move the mouse or run any commands, when I close the laptop it won't go into sleep as it should. The only thing I can do is to shut it down by holding the power button.

What I've tried:
Yesterday I ran the Tron Script, hoping it would repair my system, reinstalled the games, updated my GPU driver manually and tried updating all the other drivers using the device manager. It sped up my PC considerably but didn't help.
Since it freezes when loading, even right after booting up, so I doubt it's because of overheating.

My specifications:
ASUS ROG Strix GL553V
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 8 cores
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Video Card #2: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
RAM: 8.0 GB
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit, version 10.0.17134

I'm also using Genius GX Gaming USB headset and Bloody V5 mouse. That's all the stuff that's usually plugged in the USBs.
I've had the mouse for a very long time, the headset is new but I think I had this problem even before buying it.

Appreciate all the help.