Solved! Gaming computer has performance issues with ROBLOX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 19, 2018
Hello. I have a desktop and not a laptop, but I hope posting in this forum is okay. I didn't know where to go for desktops, but I'm figuring one goes to the same place. Anyway, I bought the alienware aurora r7 desktop. The cpu is an i7-8700, with an Nvidia geforce gtx 1080 graphics card. I have 16gb of ram. Anyway, whenever I play ROBLOX on here, It's smooth at first, but then suddenly lags and the fps goes way down. After a bit, it returns back to the crisp 60fps. ROBLOX is not a very demanding game, and basically anything can run the game. I assume this computer has more than enough power.

Anyway, this computer is brand new, and there isn't anything wrong with any of the parts. My monitor runs at 60mhz at 1080p, so maybe that is part of the issue?

Also, whenever I run fraps, when the performance starts to go down, fraps still says I'm at 60fps, despite the game taking a hit in performance.

Are there settings I could try to help run it better? Do you think maybe ROBLOX is at fault here, since maybe it Isn't properly optimized for my drivers/ parts? Maybe something I have isn't adequate? Any opinions and thoughts is greatly appreciated, as I cannot figure out why this is happening on the device.

Nov 19, 2018

I'll give that a shot today and mess around with it, and see if that does anything. Thanks for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.