Gaming Laptop 16hours

ManOfHeart

Estimable
Jul 11, 2015
I am a freelancer & gamer & businessman .. I have work on web designing, graphics and much more. I love gaming. I can work & play games for hours is normal. But some of my work need a lot of times ( at least 15-16 hrs) & i need to download something in very slow speed (take 14-16 hours) .. These things dont need high graphics or processor, just time.So i just want to put my laptop in work & download for 16 hours. No other work(like gaming) will done throgh this time. laptop will be on my table whole day. is it possible??

Solution

I have my laptop set to auto select which graphics card it needs to use. And the light on my power button glows white when the laptop is using the Intel HD integrated graphics. The light changes to orange when the laptop switches to the discrete graphics card. It pretty much stays on white all the time when downloading files or surfing the web. It only changes to orange when doing much more graphically intense tasks, such as gaming or rendering/transcoding video files.

ManOfHeart

Estimable
Jul 11, 2015
so u think this is ok with gaming laptop. one more question.. I heard that graphics card doesn't work without charging in gaming laptop..without charging graphics card goes off and Intel HD graphics on...so Is there any option that I can turn off graphics card while charging? bcz my work doesn't need any high graphics and its a waste of electricity.. bro (1shado1), u hav a gaming laptop so i think u know this if there any option like this...

If you have an Nvidia discrete graphics card, here is a video that explains how to get your laptop to always use the integrated graphics, or how to get your laptop to always use discrete graphics, or how to get it to auto-select which graphics to use depending on the need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbsWF4Orvpk

ManOfHeart

Estimable
Jul 11, 2015
I want to turn off graphics card which is inside and turn on Intel Hd graphics while charging. because i dont want to run graphics for 16 hours,download dont need graphics.. its useless

I gave you a link telling you what to do. Set it to auto, and the laptop will revert to the integrated Intel HD graphics when just sitting and downloading files. Not sure why you're that concerned about it anyway. It probably costs about $20US to power a laptop for a year.

ManOfHeart

Estimable
Jul 11, 2015
20$ not a problem.The prblem is heating. during downloading laptop will run for very long time,so if graphics card is on temperature will go really high.That's why i m worried about.

I have my laptop set to auto select which graphics card it needs to use. And the light on my power button glows white when the laptop is using the Intel HD integrated graphics. The light changes to orange when the laptop switches to the discrete graphics card. It pretty much stays on white all the time when downloading files or surfing the web. It only changes to orange when doing much more graphically intense tasks, such as gaming or rendering/transcoding video files.

Solution