Gaming laptop advice

Blasphemy_

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
I want to buy a gaming laptop and for that I need your advice on some things. Ive never bought any laptop, however I know the specs needed depending of the use of it.

The thing is there are so many brands to choose from and Im not really aware of the quality on the most of them.

My budget is between 1200-1400 euro and Im looking for a mid/high end laptop. For instance, I liked the MSI GE70 2OE-238UK, for the price, specs and design, it looks great.

Also, is there any laptop that supports 100-120hz+ on its monitor? LCD doesnt support more than 60, so it has to be LED one with panel available right?
I need it to have at least 128gb primary hd and 1TB+ as a 2nd one. I cant buy it separately.
Of course the battery lfie is always neccessary but I know I shouldnt ask much when it has to do with a gaming laptop.

Any advice you can give on this?

kaswyn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
I have the MSI GE070 series (came with an i7 4700 CPU, GeForce 765m, 12GB RAM, 1TB 7200 drive, mSATA slots for additional SSDs etc. It's sweet and I don't regret buying it one bit. True, the monitor is 60hz, but the 765m is what matters. Plus, the display is excellent. I got mine for $1050 USD on sale and saved $300 USD.

As for batter life, you can't have a super fast/powerful laptop and expect 6 hours of use per charge. Just buy an additional battery? I'm still looking for one lol.

I bought a 120GB mSATA SSD for about $80 USD and will make that my primary drive. The 1TB is going to hold pictures, movies, etc.

I can tell you that I look at the specs of ones with SSDs installed and they usually rip you off on the 750GB or 1TB drive by making it a 5400 RPM drive instead of 7200 RPM. It also costs you like $400-$600 give or take more, which in my opinion is a rip off.

But if you want a laptop in the GE70 series, with an SSD already + 1TB drive, be prepared to pay a lot for a good one.